Recognized since 2010
Banking and Finance Law
Capital Markets Law
Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Urs Schenker is very experienced in the areas of restructuring, financing, capital markets, M&As and company law. He has been involved in numerous national and international M&A transactions and public takeovers as well as financing, restructuring and other corporate finance transactions. He has published a number of books and specialist articles in his fields of expertise and is a regular lecturer at conferences in Switzerland and abroad.
Urs Schenker completed his law studies in Zurich in 1981 (lic. iur.) and in 1985 (Dr. iur.). He obtained an LL.M. at Harvard Law School in 1985. In 2009, he published his habilitation thesis on 'Swiss Takeover Law' at the University of St. Gallen where he is professor for business and commercial law.
Urs Schenker speaks German, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.walderwyss.com/en/lawyers/urs.schenker
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seefeldstrasse 123
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2020)
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2019)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2016)
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2014-15)
- Capital Markets Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2013)
- Corporate Law, Zürich, Switzerland (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Switzerland™ 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Capital Markets Law
- Corporate Law
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.