Recognized since 2012
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Defamation and Media Law
Information Technology Law
Intellectual Property Law
Tony is the Deputy Chair for Australia and the Queensland Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Law Council of Australia. He is also a member of various professional organisations, including the American Bar Association, American Association of Intellectual Property Lawyers, the International Bar Association, Licensing Executives Society International, IPSANZ, and the International Franchise Association. Tony is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Tony is also a Notary Public.Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Qualcomm Inc & Qualcomm Australia Pty Ltd advising on protection of Qualcomm’s confidential commercial information including source codes in the Apple & Samsung patent and anti- trust Federal Court proceedings. Qualcomm supply the chip sets for mobile phones. Both Apple and Samsung sought disclosure by sub-poena of Qualcomm’s source codes and other confidential commercial and licensing information.
- Acting for Konami Australia Pty Ltd (KAP) in defending patent infringement proceedings brought by Aristocrat for 5 patents relating to electronic gaming machines (EGM’s) colloquially known as the ‘progressive linked jackpot’ systems and bringing cross claims for invalidity of the Aristocrat patents.
- Acting for Konami Australia Pty Ltd (KAP) and Konami Gaming Inc (KGI ) in separate Federal Court proceedings against Aristocrat for infringement of various KAP & KGI patents.
- Acting for Land Management Systems (LMS), a landfill gas extractor specialist, generating electricity into the grids, against Landfill Gas Industries & Adam Bloomer in a Supreme Court action for injunctive relief, damages including exemplary and equitable damages, for copyright infringement and breach of LMS confidential information.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: +61 7 3338 7502
- Lawyer Page: https://www.tglaw.com.au/corporate/staff/tony-conaghan/
- Level 28, Waterfront Place
1 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Australia, High Court of Australia
- Australia, Solicitor of Qld Supreme Court
- Australia, NSW Supreme Court
- Australia, Northern Territory Supreme Court
- Australia, Victorian Supreme Court
- Australia, Federal Court of Australia
- Amercian Bar Association - Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Assocaition - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Law Council of Australia , IP C'tt'ee. Qld - Chairman
- Law Council of Australia, IP C'tt'ee - Deputy Chair for Australia
- Qld Law Society, Franchise C'tt'ee - Chairman
84 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ award
- Franchise Law, Brisbane, Australia (2021)
- Defamation and Media Law, Brisbane, Australia (2019)
- Telecommunications Law, Brisbane, Australia (2018)
- Intellectual Property Law, Brisbane, Australia (2017)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Biotechnology Law
- Commercial Law
- Defamation and Media Law
- Franchise Law
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Telecommunications Law
- Doyle’s Guide has also recognised Tony as a “recommended” Australian lawyer in their rankings of Patent Litigation (2017), and IP law (2015 – 2016 & 2020). In addition, Doyle’s Guide (2015, 2016, 2018 - 2020) has recognised Tony as a “preeminent” lawyer in the Queensland IP legal market, and a leading lawyer (2018) and recommended lawyer (2019 & 2020) in Queensland in the areas of technology, media and telecommunications.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017 & 2020) as a recommended lawyer in the area of Intellectual Property within Australia.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.