Recognized since 2013
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Mr. Simmons is a past chair on the Employment Law Committee of the Section of International Law and Practice of the American Bar Association. Mr. Simmons authored the following: Plan of Attack: Evaluating the Litigating Non-Compete Cases, Employment & Labor Relations Law (ABA Section of Litigation, Spring 2007, Vol. 5, No. 3); and the international employment 2001 and 2002 year-in-review articles for the Section of International Law and Practice’s quarterly publication, The International Lawyer (Summer 2002, Vol. 36, No. 2; Summer 2003, Vol. 37, No. 2). Mr. Simmons was past editorial board member of The Mississippi Labor Letter (1995-2000).
Mr. Simmons has participated in presentations on the prevention of workplace harassment; the prevention of sexual abuse of children in churches, schools, and other similar organizations; best practices for the hiring process; defending workers’ compensation claims; current topics in employment law (including social media issues), how to implement a reduction in the workforce and the enforcement of non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Mr. Simmons carries the peer rating of “AV” as reflected in Martindale-Hubbell.
- The Hiring Process: Best Practices for Managing Risk and Maximizing Success in a Constantly Changing Legal Environment (August 10, 2011)
- Defending Workers' Compensation Claims under Tennessee Law (June 8, 2011)
- Current Topics in Human Resources and Employment Law (October 13, 2011)
- Employment Law and Social Media (April 23, 2012)
- Contingent Workforce Issues (April 24, 2012)
- Religious Discrimination and Harassment (May 15, 2012)
- OSHA Compliance Programs and Ethics (November 16, 2012)
- Restructuring: What Every HR Professional Needs to Know (May 2, 2013)
- FLSA Overtime Claims and Collective Actions - Strategies for Prevention and Defense (June 26, 2013)
- FLSA Overtime Claims and Collective Actions - Strategies for Prevention and Defense (Golden Triangle HR Association, May 2014)
- It’s a Labor of Love: Littler Lawyers Answer Your Most Burning Labor & Employment Questions (Memphis, TN February 8, 2018)
- Workforce Management: Compliance Trends and Strategies ADP/HR Professionals Magazine Breakfast Briefing (Memphis, TN April 20, 2017)
- Accommodating Leave SHRM-Memphis (2017 Half-Day Legal Seminar March 21, 2017)
- The Election Is Over: What's Next (Memphis, TN December 1, 2016)
- Best Practices in Correcting FLSA Compliance Problems – Both Out of Court and In Litigation (Memphis, TN February 4, 2015)
- How to Keep Your CEO Out of Jail (Memphis, TN November 20, 2013)
- Investment Advisors at Risk in Unfair Labor Practices Disputes (Journal of Corporate Renewal, January, 2012)
- Restructuring: What Every HR Professional Needs to Know (HR Professionals Magazine, June, 2013)
- Plan of Attack: Evaluating and Litigating Non-Compete Cases (Employment & Labor Relations Law, Vol. 5, No. 3 Spring 2007)
- Employee Whistleblower Protections and Recent Developments for Public Companies (HR Professionals Magazine, April 2018)
- Customer's Conduct Arguably Created Hostile Work Environment (SHRM® Employment Law, April 13, 2021)
- Title VII Required Temporary Duty and Time to Express Breast Milk (SHRM® Employment Law, October 13, 2021).
- 50 North Front Street, Suite 850
Memphis, TN 38103
- University of Mississippi, J.D., graduated 1986
- Mississippi State University, BBA, graduated 1983
- Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association
- Mississippi, The Mississippi Bar
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Trade Secrets
- Labor Law - Management
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.