Mr. Simmons is a past chair on the Employment Law Committee of the Section of International Law and Practice of the American Bar Association. Mr. Simmons authored the following: Plan of Attack: Evaluating the Litigating Non-Compete Cases, Employment & Labor Relations Law (ABA Section of Litigation, Spring 2007, Vol. 5, No. 3); and the international employment 2001 and 2002 year-in-review articles for the Section of International Law and Practice’s quarterly publication, The International Lawyer (Summer 2002, Vol. 36, No. 2; Summer 2003, Vol. 37, No. 2). Mr. Simmons was past editorial board member of The Mississippi Labor Letter (1995-2000). Mr. Simmons is a member of the board of directors of the Tennessee Chapter of Turnaround Management Association, and is also the current President of the Tennessee Chapter of the TMA.
Mr. Simmons has participated in presentations on the prevention of workplace harassment; the prevention of sexual abuse of children in churches, schools, and other similar organizations; best practices for the hiring process; defending workers’ compensation claims; current topics in employment law (including social media issues) and the enforcement of non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Mr. Simmons carries the highest peer rating of “AV” as reflected in Martindale-Hubbell.
- The Hiring Process: Best Practices for Managing Risk and Maximizing Success in a Constantly Changing Legal Environment (August 10, 2011)
- Defending Workers' Compensation Claims under Tennessee Law (June 8, 2011)
- Current Topics in Human Resources and Employment Law (October 13, 2011)
- Employment Law and Social Media (April 23, 2012)
- Contingent Workforce Issues (April 24, 2012)
- Religious Discrimination and Harassment (May 15, 2012)
- OSHA Compliance Programs and Ethics (November 16, 2012)
- Restructuring: What Every HR Professional Needs to Know (May 2, 2013)
- FLSA Overtime Claims and Collective Actions - Strategies for Prevention and Defense (June 26, 2013)
- FLSA Overtime Claims and Collective Actions - Strategies for Prevention and Defense (Golden Triangle HR Association, May 2014)
- Investment Advisors at Risk in Unfair Labor Practices Disputes (Journal of Corporate Renewal, January, 2012)
- Restructuring: What Every HR Professional Needs to Know (HR Professionals Magazine, June, 2013)