Recognized since 2021
Emily Smith is a senior associate at Rusty Hardin & Associates with extensive experience representing Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals involved in business and commercial disputes. She has advocated for her clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts, including the 3rd and 5th Circuits.
Best Lawyers has recognized Ms. Smith as a Best Lawyer: One to Watch for her commercial litigation work. This honor is given after a rigorous research and peer-reviewed process to attorneys who have been practicing in the U.S. for less than 10 years. Before joining Rusty Hardin & Associates in 2019, Ms. Smith served for four years as an associate with the global litigation law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP where she managed all phases of litigation.
She also clerked for U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Jeff Bohm in the Southern District of Texas and as a law student, Ms. Smith interned for 5th U.S Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Jennifer Elrod. Additionally, she spent time as a judicial intern for Justice Lisabeth Hughes of the Kentucky Supreme Court where she prepared a national analysis of appellate ineffective assistance of counsel procedures to help create a process for Kentucky courts.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.rustyhardin.com/our-team/emily-smith/
- Five Houston Center, Suite 2250
1401 McKinney Street
Houston, TX 77010
- Georgetown University , J.D., graduated 2012
- Emory University, B.A., graduated 2006
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America - Ones to Watch, 2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.