Don’s practice covers a wide range of business and personal tax matters. With over 30 years of diverse tax law experience, he advises public corporations, large private enterprises and high net-worth families.
Well-versed in mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring, Don was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2014. He lends his perspective as a frequent lecturer and speaker for the Canadian Tax Foundation and provincial law societies. Don is recognized as a leading tax lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada.
Since joining Felesky Flynn as partner in 2000, Don has led powerful, effective teams, while championing the firm’s growth. He navigates the subtleties of financial transactions and client relationships with professional poise.
Don is a past chair (2011 to 2015) and a former member (2010 to 2016) of the Division Board of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (Alberta and NWT).
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2014
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1998
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Western Ontario, 1985
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chair, Division Board, Director Canadian National Institute for the Blind (Alberta and NWT)
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Past Chairman, Federal Finance Committee, Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, Manitoba Cancer Treatment & Research Foundation