Anthony’s practice covers a wide array of taxation law matters, providing businesses and high net-worth families with transactional tax, estate planning and tax dispute resolution advice.
Ranked among the Best Lawyers in Canada and in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Anthony is one of our co-managing partners in Calgary.
Anthony graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School with the highest academic standing in multiple tax law courses. Along with being a tax lawyer, he is a professional accountant holding designations in Canada and the US.
Anthony is a former sessional instructor of taxation law at the University of Calgary who has written and spoken on numerous taxation law matters, including for the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, the Canadian Bar Association and numerous accounting groups.
An active member of the Joint Committee on Taxation of the Canadian Bar Association and the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, Anthony also has made numerous submissions to the Department of Finance in pursuit of improvements to the Canadian tax system.
- Obtained a Certified Public Accountant certificate (inactive), Illinois, USA, 2006
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2004
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2002
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Osgoode Hall Law School, 2001
- Designated a Certified Management Accountant, 1998
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm), with Distinction, University of Calgary, 1996
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Member, Joint Committee on Taxation of the Canadian Bar Association and the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Former Director, Calgary Legal Guidance
- Former Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Tax Specialists Section
- Former Director, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Former Sessional Instructor, The University of Calgary, Faculty of Law