16 The Best Lawyers in France™ awards
9 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in France awards
Founded in 1993, Fromont Briens is the biggest specialised civil law partnership in France and one of the largest labour and employment law firms in Europe. With offices in Paris and Lyon, the team has grown to 180 lawyers, including 40 partners.
During the last 25 years, Fromont Briens has been in constant development, driven by an active policy of promoting ‘entrepreneurial’ lawyers to the rank of partner.
Fromont Briens represents multinational companies based in France, Europe and in the United States in a wide variety of industries, including energy, technology, retail, manufacturing, financial services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The client base includes CAC 40, SBF 120 companies, VSEs and SMEs and start-ups.
The firm also advises leading public sector institutions, state agencies and social security networks.Fromont Briens mainly intervenes with an original partnership approach. This support is reflected in four key values: proximity, creativity, responsiveness and turnkey solutions.
The firm is certified ISO 9001 for developing a strong quality management system.
In October 2016, Fromont Briens became the exclusive French partner of Littler, the world’s largest organisation dedicated to labour and employment composed of the most recommended international law firms. The American giant Littler and Fromont Briens have joined forces to deepen their global footprints and enhance services to multinational employers.
Fromont Briens has accelerated its international development and guides foreign companies based in France as well as its French clients on international markets.
The firm’s attorneys counsel and defend employers on a wide range of global labour and employment law.Fromont Briens’ fields of expertise are organised into three departments:
1) Employment: with more than 150 lawyers, among whom 33 are partners, the firm’s team is the biggest in the French market within a specialised civil law partnership. Its lawyers deal with French labour law matters and international cases regarding: individual relations; collective relationship; collective bargaining; social conflicts; working hours; redundancies; restructuring; cost reduction; social regulation in the public sector; criminal labour law; international mobility; social legal secretarial work; and safety and health at work
2) Social protection and additional remuneration: the department led by five partners provides guidance regarding: employee savings plans; employee shareholding plans; company pension plans; remuneration policy; and URSSAF audit and litigation.The pension and benefit team, originally founded by Gilles Briens, serves as a reference in the French market and is considered as such by the government, the MP, the client, the scholars and other law firms.
3) Right to vocational training: launched in 2012, Fromont Briens was the first firm dedicating a specific department to vocational training. The department led by two partners advises training organisations and collective organisations, as well as user companies.Strong experience allows the firm to offer advice as well as assistance in pre-litigious situations. The firm offers a unique know-how regarding Direccte controls of companies and training organisations.
Criminal Labour Law: With more than 20 years’ experience in criminal labour law, our lawyers specialised in this area operate on a daily basis, providing sound counsel to ensure that both the procedure and the criminal risk are under control.This special area of law, which includes both labour and criminal law, deals with breaches committed in both individual and collective labour relations.Our firm assists companies at all stages of their social life. Our criminal labour law department, combined with our expertise in social compliance, enables a to offer an innovative social crisis management service.
Corporate M&A: An effective securing of mergers and acquisitions transactions requires a labour law partner with technical expertise but also a strategic vision of the entire procedure.Thanks to our independent dimension and our undeniable expertise in labour law, we are able to coordinate and secure all social components of an operation.
Restructuring: Whether it is to respond to a specific need for rationalisation, to support a transformation, to define the tools of a recovery strategy or to ensure the implementation of the social aspect of collective procedures, the field of intervention of our teams is very wide.
Social Compliance: From ethics to social risk management: Fromont Briens assists you in complying with corporate regulations and practices.
- Employee Benefits Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Labor and Employment Law in France (2020)
- Top Listed in Lyon in Labor and Employment Law with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Paris in Labor and Employment Law with 7 lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.