Recognized since 2019
Vancouver, British Columbia
Employee Benefits Law
Lisa is a partner in the firm’s Pensions and Employee Benefits Group and Protection of Privacy and Freedom of Information Group.
Pension and Employee Benefits
Lisa’s pension and employee benefits practice has a special emphasis on multi-employer pension plans and health and welfare trusts, usually sponsored for specific industries. Lisa represents dozens of board of trustees and corporate plan sponsors in both the public and private sector and in a wide variety of industries.
Lisa provides advice and strategic support to boards of trustees, sponsors of pension and employee benefits plans and administration teams in respect of the interpretation and amendment of plan texts, the application of the governing legal principles and provincial and federal legislation and also on the day to day issues that arise with these plans. Through her pension practice Lisa works regularly with the Financial Institutions Commission of BC and other regulatory agencies.
Lisa manages and provides strategic support and risk assessment to her clients on complex pension and employee benefit litigation, including class actions.
Lisa is the firm’s privacy law and document retention specialist and works regularly with clients to comply with applicable privacy legislation and to find and implement creative solutions to privacy issues as they arise. Lisa works regularly with the Personal Information and Protection Act (British Columbia), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act(British Columbia).
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lawsonlundell.com/team-Lisa-Chamzuk
- Cathedral Place, Suite 1600
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- British Columbia, 2002
- Canadian Bar Association: Pensions and Benefits - Former Chair/ Former Secretary
- Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute - Member
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans - Member; Canadian Legal/Legislative and Public Sector, Committee Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employee Benefits Law, Vancouver, Canada (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Employee Benefits Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: repeatedly recommended as a Leading Practitioner for Pensions and Employee Benefits (Employer)
- Chambers Canada: recognized in the Pensions & Benefits (Canada) category
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Employee Benefits Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.