Our role as a firm is to help you effectively manage your workplace in a manner that best suits your needs – and our team approach provides you with a gateway to all of our firm’s resources.
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
Hicks Morley places the highest priority on client service and ensures you receive:
- Practical Solutions – whether a situation requires aggressive court action or careful negotiation, we identify the most practical solution to yield the best result for you.
- Cost-effective Service – we allocate our legal skills and resources in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Timely Responses – we return phone calls and e-mails promptly, meet deadlines and focus on advance preparation to maximize the opportunities for a favourable outcome in any proceeding.
Our client education and training programs can provide you with practical and cost-effective approaches to managing complex workplace issues.
Whether you are looking to train supervisors about a specific employment law topic, educate management about new developments or provide broad-based information sessions for employees, we can develop a program to meet your needs. And for U.S. organizations with current or planned operations in Canada, we provide training on the differences between Canadian and U.S. human resources laws.
We tailor our sessions to reflect your organization, your corporate values and your organization’s particular needs given the sector of the economy in which you operate. Over the years, we have provided training in a diverse range of topics, including:
- attendance management
- conducting effective workplace investigations
- discipline and discharge
- employment standards
- health and safety, including workplace violence and harassment programs
- human rights and accommodation
- managing employee relations
- obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- pay equity
- pension, benefits and executive compensation
- privacy in the workplace
- workplace safety and insurance
- wrongful dismissal and the dos and don’ts of terminations
We build on existing work product and technological advancements to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery of legal services. Our in-depth experience and technological proficiency shortens the learning curve and translates into costs-savings for you.
Our full-time Knowledge Management lawyers work with our information technology specialists to develop solutions for managing and sharing knowledge and work. Together with our librarian, they monitor case law and legislative developments on a daily basis.
Our knowledge management tools include:
- a body of precedents and sample documents collected and aggregated on our firm intranet, organized by topic
- a state-of-the-art document management system which allows us to access our comprehensive collection of memos and opinions
- a library collection of tens of thousands of arbitration decisions, reported and unreported, as well as unreported court decisions
- a sophisticated search engine which searches across our knowledge collections to deliver responsive content quickly and easily
- internally developed comparison charts of various statutory requirements across all provinces and federally, allowing lawyers quick access to cross-country information
By virtue of our internal processes and procedures, we ensure our lawyers and service team maintain a high level of professional service through ongoing education and training, along with the support our system provides. We are confident we are the most current and cutting-edge labour and employment lawyers in Canada.
Top Listed National Awards
- Top Listed in Canada in Labour and Employment Law with 27 lawyers
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Ontario, Canada in Labour and Employment Law with 27 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Waterloo in Labour and Employment Law with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Toronto in Labour and Employment Law with 21 lawyers
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer
Chief Knowledge and Business Development Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Director, Administration and Facilities
Firm Practice Areas
- Employee Benefits Law
- Labour and Employment Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Workers' Compensation Law
Firm News & Media
366 King Street East, Suite 310
Kingston, ON K7K 6Y3
148 Fullarton Street, Suite 1608
London, ON N6A 5P3
150 rue Metcalfe Street, Suite 2000
Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1
77 King Street West
TD Centre, 39th Floor
P.O. Box 371
Toronto, ON M5K 1K8
100 Regina Street South, Suite 200
Waterloo, ON N2J 4P9