BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT is one of the largest german legal practices, specialised in intellectual property, and one of the few practices where patent attorneys and attorneys at law work together.
BOEHMERT& BOEHMERT is one of the largest legal practices in Germany, specialized in intellectual property. Patent attorneys and attorneys at Law work together in the fields of industrial property law, copyright and related fields. Patent attorneys at BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT deal with obtaining, defending and asserting patents, utility models and design patents, as well as advising on the composition and conclusion of licensing and cooperation agreements. They have expertise in all natural and engineering sciences including mechanical and electrical engineering, material science, pharmaceutical and polymer chemistry, biochemistry, nano technology as well as semi-conductor and software technology.
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s client portfolio includes worldwide corporations and leading companies in Germany and abroad. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT is internationally oriented and has at its disposal a network of tried and tested patent attorneys and intellectual property lawyers across the whole world.
Main areas of Practice
Patent law has been one of the key areas of activity for BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT for more than 80 years since the firm’s founding. Patent attorneys with a broad range of experience assist clients in the preparation of patent applications and design patent applications as well as advice and consultation in infringement cases and the creation of licensing agreements. Our benchmark for success in our work in the field of patent law is the provision of solutions which meet our client’s specific requirements whilst embracing their economic interests. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s patent lawyers are active in all classic science and engineering disciplines. We also have specialists in many more recent disciplines such as IT, bio-IT, biotechnology, environmental technology and news technology and many others. We focus on the acquisition, defence and assertion of patents, utility models and industrial design as well as on consulting services in relation to the drafting and conclusion of licence and cooperation agreements. They support companies in building up their patent administration processes and departments as well as in questions of employee invention rights. We represent our clients at the German Patent and Trademark Office, the European Patent Office, the German Federal Patent Court, and the Federal Court of Justice.
Our client portfolio includes large national and international companies but also small and medium sized firms which do not possess their own patent department and therefore have specific requirements which need to be addressed.
Our patent law services cover all matters of patent and utility model law:
• We advise our clients in advance of any patent or utility model application, devise a patent strategy, conduct prior art research and evaluate this.
• We assume responsibility for the preparation and submission of patent applications and steer these through the relevant official examination procedures nationally and abroad.
• We represent our clients in opposition proceedings, cancellation proceedings and patent infringement proceedings.
• We draw up expert reports on validity and infringement.
• We advise on any contractual matters, in particular licensing contracts and generate, for example, non-disclosure agreements, cooperation agreements and licensing agreements, in each case taking into account anti-trust regulations.
• We offer consultation to start-ups.
• We monitor and administer patents and patent applications.
• We offer all the services of an outsourced patent department including comprehensive advice on matters relating to employee invention regulations.
• We assess patents. Trademark law also belongs to the firm’s core business. Our Attorneys at Law are involved in national and international organisations and are proven experts in the field.
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT continuously belongs to the German law firms with the most German and EU trademark applications. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s advisory services cover the whole spectrum of trademark related matters. Copyright law has a long tradition at BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT. The attorneys possess extensive experience and a high level of expertise in all advisory matters across the diverse creative areas. The firm advises clients in all aspects of copyright law, publishing law and media law.
Further areas of specialization
Patent Litigation, Patent Valuation, Patents and Utility Models, Licensing, Patents and Utility Models, Trade Marks, Product Piracy, Anti-Trust, Press and Personal Rights Law, Unfair Competition,Information Technology, Designs, Domains, Data Protection, Copyright.
Number of Patent Attorneys/Attorneys at Law: 90
Law Firm of the Year Awards
- Intellectual Property Law in Germany (2019)
- Intellectual Property Law in Germany (2017)
About Our Clients
"Law Firm of the Year"
Germany's "Law Firm of the Year" awards:
- Intellectual Property Law - 2019
- Intellectual Property Law - 2017
Firm Practice Areas
- Entertainment Law
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Media Law
Firm News & Media
China: Global Firms
China: Global Firms
1 Fuxing Zhong Lu, Suite 1208
China: Global Firms
86 21 6391 9290 606
21 Boulevard Haussmann
33 1 5603 6591
49 30 23 60 76 70
Detmolder Straße 235
49 521 304 36 60
49 421 340 90
49 211 71 17 00
49 69 74 34 62 0
49 89 55 96 80
Plaza Santisima Faz, 3 -1 / B
34 965 21 53 99