Recognized since 2020
Mr. Boyd is a founding partner of BPW, focusing his practice on business disputes, including bank fraud, lender liability, unfair competition cases, intellectual property disputes (patents, trademarks and trade secrets), contractual disputes and antitrust violations.
In addition to the State Bar of Texas, Mr. Boyd has been admitted to the United States district courts for the Eastern and Northern districts of Texas, as well as the United States Court of Federal Claims. Mr. Boyd is also Certified in Civil Trial by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Boyd was named to the Best Lawyers in America list for 2020 by Woodward/White, an honor reserved for the top 4 percent of practicing attorneys. He was also included on the prestigious Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2006. Since 2009, he has been named as a Texas Super Lawyer, which are chosen through peer recognition and professional achievement.
In addition to his numerous memberships with legal and advocacy groups, Mr. Boyd is on the Board of Directors of WARM and Wise Christian Counseling Center. Since 2016, he has also been a Director for the Cotton Bowl. He formerly served on the Decatur Chamber of Commerce, completing a three-year term as director. He also served on the Economic Development Committee for the Main Street Program in Decatur and the Decatur ISD Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Born in Plainview, Texas and raised in Decatur, Mr. Boyd graduated from the University of Texas. In 1994, he earned his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. Derrick is married to Cheri Boyd, a local artist. Together, they have three daughters.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.bpwlaw.com/attorneys/derrick-s-boyd/
- 105 North State Street, Suite B
Decatur, TX 76234
- The University of Texas at Austin , J.D., graduated 1994
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., graduated 1991
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cotton Bowl - Director
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Member
- WARM - Wise Area Relief Mission - Member
- Wise County Bar Association - Member
- Wise County Christian Counseling Center - Board of Directors
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars - 2006
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2009 - present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.