He is a well-known leader among lawyers who serve the healthcare industry, having served as the Chair of the Oklahoma Bar Association Healthcare Law Section, and as a Vice-Chair of the American Health Lawyers Association Physician Practice Group. David has been a member of the adjunct faculty of the University of Tulsa College of Law, teaching healthcare finance and organization law. David is a contributor to the American Health Lawyers Association’s publication Representing Physicians Handbook published in 2006, 2009 and 2013, authoring chapters on physician employment agreements, practice organization entities and non-physician practitioners.
- Represented a physician practice group in a federal fraud/abuse and privacy compliance audit and in developing a related compliance plan.
- Advised a physician certification board regarding state regulation matters.
- Represented a long-term care facility in Medicare reimbursement and patient care disputes.
- Represented a tax-exempt hospital in a sale to a for-profit hospital, including assistance with acquisition of fairness opinion, due diligence and all other matters attendant to the sale.
- Provided advice to providers on regulatory and reimbursement matters arising under Medicare and Medicaid, including anti-kickback, Stark Law and private inurement compliance.
- Representation for physicians in practice recruitment negotiations, peer review/medical staff disputes, challenges to post-employment restrictions, challenges to regulatory actions and Medicare reimbursement appeals.
- Guidance to physician practice groups on merger transaction, hospital co-management arrangements and group dissolutions.
- Representation in proceedings of the Departments of Health, State Medicaid agency, the Attorney General's and Inspector General's offices, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Preparation of medical staff bylaws, policies and related documents
- Design and implement corporate, HIPAA, Medicare reimbursement and other compliance programs
- Served as hearing officer for hospital in peer review/medical staff disputes and as arbitrators in numerous other healthcare industry disputes