Recognized since 2015
David (or Dave) has been practicing immigration law exclusively, including business, family, asylum and deportation defense, since 1999. David graduated from the University of Denver in 1998 with a law degree and a master's degree in International Studies. He has been a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's Association since 1999, served on the AILA Colorado Chapter's Executive Committee from 2004 to 2009, and was the Chapter Chair for AILA Colorado from 2007-2008.
David was named an "Up-and-Coming" lawyer by Law Week Colorado in 2007. He served as the vice chair for the government/board/bylaws working group on AILA's 2008 Strategic Planning Committee and a member of the Bylaws Committee (2008-2009). He is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, serves on the Executive Council for the Immigration Law Section (2009-11), and currently serves as the Section Chair (2009-10). He is a recipient of 1998 Public Interest Law Group Grant to clerk at the Center for Human Rights Advocacy in Boulder, Colorado. In 1995, David interned in the Human Rights Program at the Carter Center in Atlanta, Georgia, founded by former President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter. David received his bachelor's degree in history and philosophy from Allegheny College in Pennsylvania and studied abroad in Spain and Costa Rica. David is fluent in Spanish.
When not practicing law, David enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters. He also enjoys traveling, trail running, fishing, and an occasional Rockies baseball game.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.eahimmigration.com/david-harston
- 1761 North Emerson Street
Denver, CO 80218-1011
- University of Denver, J.D., graduated 1998
- University of Denver, MA International Studies, graduated 1998
- Allegheny College, BA History & Philosophy, graduated 1989
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyer's Association (AILA) - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Immigration Law, Denver (2019)
- Immigration Law, Denver (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Immigration Law
- "Lawyer of the Year" 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©!
- 5280 Denver Magazine "Top Lawyer" in Immigration Law 2015
- Chapter Chair Award, AILA 2013
- "Up and Coming" Lawyer by Law Week Colorado 2007
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.