Miller Barondess, LLP is a 40-lawyer firm that has served the Los Angeles community since 2006. Skip Miller founded the firm in 2006 along with his two sons, Dan and Jim, and partners Brian Procel and Sasha Frid. Miller Barondess is an accomplished litigation boutique specializing in high-profile, high-stakes litigation. Thee firm is recognized as one of California’s top litigation boutiques. We successfully represent individuals, businesses, and public and private entities through all phases of litigation, from pre-litigation counselling to appellate proceedings. Our lawyers are diverse and versatile, and are highly sought out for trials having successfully represented clients in nearly every industry. Our focus on complex civil matters along with our strong appellate department makes our Firm a one-stop-shop for litigation.
Miller Barondess’ appellate practice has represented clients before the California Court of Appeal and the Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court. We have handled appeals in many industries including employment, finance/banking, healthcare, non-profit, spirits, automotive, government, insurance coverage, and the First Amendment.
Miller Barondess has been honored multiple times on the Daily Journal’s list of Top Boutiques, Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Best Law Firms, and as a U.S. News World Report Best Law Firm. Our partners have been honored by the Daily Journal on their list of Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers, Top Verdicts, Top Women Attorneys, and Top Labor and Employment Attorneys; Los Angeles Business Journal as Leaders in Law, Top Minority Attorneys, Top Influential Women Lawyers, Leaders of Influence: Litigators and Trial Lawyers, LA 500 Most Influential People; Southern California Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars; National Law Journal’s Top Verdicts; U.S. News’ Best Law Firms and Best Lawyers; and Billboard Magazine’s Top Music Lawyers.
Miller Barondess supports pro-bono programs and charities including Brotherhood Crusade, Bet Tzedek’s LA Represents, Make-a-Wish, Alzheimer’s Association, Hollywood Food Coalition, LACBA Domestic Violence Legal Services Project, Volunteers of America Los Angeles, League of Women Voters Los Angeles, and UCLA “Feed the ER” Program. Our founding partner Skip Miller is the former Chairman of the Board of D.A.R.E. America, the international drug, violence and alcohol abuse and education program.
Management / Department Heads
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Most Influential Women Attorneys
- Los Angeles Business Journal "LA 500 Most Influential People"
- Daily Journal "Top Labor & Employment"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Most Influential Litigation & Trial Attorneys"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Leaders in Law"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Best Law Firms"
- Variety "Legal Impact Report"
- US News "Best Lawyers in America"
- US News "Best Law Firms"
- National Law Journal "Elite Trial Lawyer Top 50 Verdicts 2018"
- National Law Journal "Top Verdicts and Settlements 2018"
- Daily Journal "Top Boutiques"
- Daily Journal "Top 40 Under 40"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Top Business Leaders"
- Daily Journal "Top Women Lawyers"
- Billboard "Top Music Lawyers"
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Family Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor and Employment Law - Employee
- Real Estate Law
- Securities Regulation
- Sports Law
- Technology Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Trademark Law