We serve as faculty members for the prestigious American Law Institute – American Bar Association (“ALI-ABA”) and Georgetown CLE, and are regularly published in national legal publications on employment law, whistleblower and civil rights issues. Firm members have appeared regularly as commentators on national television and radio news shows, and in national print media, about these issues.
Our attorneys have advised thousands of employees from across the country about workplace discrimination issues, and have successfully represented them in pre-litigation settlement negotiations, mediation, and when necessary, through formal legal action. We pursue administrative claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the District of Columbia Office of Human Rights, and litigate employment discrimination claims in federal, state, and local courts in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and other jurisdictions in which our litigation skills are required. We tailor our legal approach to meet the needs and objectives of each individual client, and work closely with each client to craft a winning strategy.
We are dedicated to working for social justice by providing high-quality legal representation to individuals, groups and causes that are under-served in our legal system. We are dedicated to using our legal expertise and skills to support the civil rights, increase access to legal services, and obtain equitable and just treatment for employees and consumers. When other avenues of redress have been exhausted, we take whatever legal action is appropriate to challenge governmental, corporate and individual wrongdoing, and to win compensation and vindication for those who have been harmed.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in District of Columbia in Employment Law - Individuals with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in District of Columbia in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 4 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Washington in Employment Law - Individuals with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Washington in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 4 lawyers
- 2013 U.S. News First-Tier Law Firm
- 2013 Martindale-Hubbell U.S. Top-Ranked Law Firm
Firm Practice Areas
- Civil Rights Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Qui Tam Law