Crain Caton & James provides first-class service combining integrity and exceptional value to its clients. Comprised of experienced attorneys across a broad range of practice areas, the Firm provides legal counseling and client-focused solutions locally and around the world.
Founded in 1912 as Kennerly & Warnken, Crain Caton & James has grown into a stable law firm of over 40 lawyers and their highly-qualified support staff without a merger.
Today, our clients turn to us for legal counsel on:
- business transactions involving: land; commercial; industrial and residential real estate, and the development thereof; minerals in place; upstream, midstream and downstream energy assets, including liquefaction and export facilities; entity formation, capitalization and governance; tax planning; advice and compliance; merger, acquisition, consolidation and disposition of going concerns; and estate planning for transition of family-owned businesses;
- estate and wealth planning including: business succession planning; prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements; will and trust preparation;
- estate and trust administration, and guardianship;
- estate and trust litigation;
- conduct of those in fiduciary positions, such as business directors, trust administrators,
guardiansand executors, particularly in connection with claims of malfeasance or financial exploitation;
- environmental law, compliance, investigation, remediation, and management of environmental risks;
- financial services, lending, compliance, and regulation of banks and other lending entities;
- bankruptcy and creditors’ rights;
- non-profit entity operations;
- intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution and litigation, registration and protection of trademarks, trade names, proprietary information, copyrights, trade secrets, and franchising; and
- litigation services, involving all of the practice
areas,and including employer/employee relations, insurance coverage and claims, construction claims and disputes, hospital management, and risk management.
About Client Service
First-class client service requires customization, not commoditization. The attorneys and staff members at Crain Caton & James strive to know how each client defines client service. Does the client want a phone call, email, a written memo or in-person meeting? How often does the client want to receive status reports? How long can the client wait for a response? We recognize the path to the result is as important as the actual result.
Crain Caton & James does not have a big budget for advertising. We receive our work from client retention and referrals which makes client service of utmost importance to our people. Our attorneys and staff members work as a team. So, when an attorney is in trial or closing a deal and unable to return a client call, there is always another person who can return a call.
Feel free to try us and experience a firm where client service and value form its core.
Management / Department Heads
Office Services Manager
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Fiduciary Duties
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Patent Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Trusts and Estates