Conrad & Scherer was founded in 1974 by Managing Partner William Scherer and began as a small, local law firm comprised of trial attorneys. While the firm has grown significantly, we maintain the core values of virtue and integrity that the firm was founded upon.
Today, Conrad & Scherer stands as a preeminent litigation law firm with a national and international reach. Our team of attorneys operates from offices in Fort Lauderdale, FL, New York, NY, Brevard, NC, and Quito, Ecuador, providing clients a range of services that includes complex commercial litigation, bank fraud, Ponzi scheme litigation, construction litigation, government relations, land use and land use litigation, probate and more.
We’ve earned our success by delivering tenacious legal counsel matched with exceptional business acumen. Conrad & Scherer’s clients benefit from a multifaceted approach to their legal issues, with seasoned trial attorneys and other firm professionals all working in concert.Wherever the venue, clients can count on Conrad & Scherer’s professional team for sophisticated support that is focused on meeting clients’ individual needs, whether that means drafting legal memoranda, negotiating, developing contracts or arguing in the courtroom.
In fact, when it comes to performance in front of judge and jury, Conrad & Scherer has distinguished itself as particularly vigorous advocates for our clients’ best interests.As a testament to our expertise, Conrad & Scherer has consistently been recognized as a Top Law Firm by the South Florida Legal Guide and is AV Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®. We’ve participated in a number of high-profile efforts, including the historic recount in the 2000 presidential election, and we’ve won what is said to be Florida’s highest percentage of recovery for victims of a Ponzi scheme.As well-known as some of these matters may be, clients and cases need not be prominent to benefit from our proficiency; our reputation as specialists in challenging and complex cases of all types is well-earned.
We are proud of our commitment to excellent legal representation in any forum, and we are proud of the sophisticated matters we handle for the impressive clients we serve across the globe.
High Stakes Trials. High Impact Cases. High Profile Clients. High Quality Representation.
Management / Department Heads
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Fort Lauderdale in Commercial Litigation with 4 lawyers
- 2019-2020 Best Law Firms by US News & World Report - Best Lawyers in Commercial Litigation, Metro Tier 3
- 2019-2021 Top Law Firm by the South Florida Legal Guide
- 2019-2020 Top 100 South Florida Law Firms by South Florida Business Journal
Firm Practice Areas
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Appellate Practice
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Government Contracts
- Government Relations Practice
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Securities Regulation