Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, with offices in Atlanta and Washington, D.C., employs a “business sensibility” approach to serving clients domestically and abroad. Founded in 1949, the firm is known for its deep bench and having the capability to handle nearly any business-related legal issue. AGG has earned a spot on The National Law Journal’s prestigious Midsize Hot List of 20 firms nationwide that are making a difference.
By thoroughly understanding each client’s business, AGG’s 165 attorneys deliver optimum results in a cost-effective manner. AGG has distinguished itself by responding to two major forces that profoundly affect businesses: globalization and a more aggressive regulatory environment. The movement of information, goods and people around the world, and exposure to more regulations and laws, has increased the risk of legal complications.
The firm is know for providing big-firm safeguards for growing businesses without the big-firm cost. It has also established cross-practice industry teams in, for example, Affordable Housing, Background Screening, Entertainment, Financial Services, Healthcare, Healthcare Information Technology, Logistics and Transportation, Oil and Gas, Payment Systems, Pharmaceuticals, and Retail.
Nearly four dozen AGG attorneys are involved at some level in international business. Several attorneys travel to Europe and Israel to help foreign companies established operations in the U.S. or to advise on U.S. regulatory issues. The busy Immigration Practice helps foreign companies move key employees to the U.S. The firm’s Washington office provides access to the nation’s lawmakers and, working with lawyers in Atlanta, helps clients address regulatory compliance issues involving FTC, FDA, CFPB, SEC, CMS and other government entities. AGG lawyers advise on the ACA, FCPA, HIPAA and FCRA.
A significant part of the Washington office’s role is to create data-breach protection plans for clients and help clients respond when breaches occur. Washington partner Montserrat C. Miller authors the popular “Workforce Compliance Insights” blog.
The Logistics and Transportation Practice represents international and domestic businesses in transactional and litigation matters, and provides risk management analyses. AGG lawyers present at the annual Georgia Logistics Summit. No Atlanta firm, or midsize, full-service firm elsewhere in the country, has effectively staked out a brand in the global logistics space.
AGG’s commercial Real Estate Practice is the largest practice of its kind in the southeastern U.S. and is involved in some of the region’s most ambitious projects, advising on issues involving contracts, agreements, financing and the environment. Real Estate and Healthcare attorneys often work together on healthcare M&A deals nationwide.
The Healthcare Practice, with some three dozen attorneys, is well known for its regulatory work on healthcare M&A transactions, and Healthcare’s litigators are renowned for successfully representing providers in disputes with the government and other parties.
AGG's litigation work includes white-collar defense of executives, international arbitration and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights litigation. The Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights and Financial Restructuring Practice also encompasses commercial debt restructuring, settlements, bankruptcy trusteeships and fiduciary work. The Fulton County Daily Report, Georgia's legal industry newspaper, has awarded AGG its Litigation Department of the Year Award three years in a row for Healthcare Litigation, White Collar Defense and Insurance Litigation.
The Corporate and Securities Practice advises some of America’s best known companies on M&A deals and other matters, and the Closely-Held and Family Business Practice helps private businesses execute their growth plans. The Private Wealth Practice builds lifelong relationships with families and structures tax-efficient business succession and charitable giving plans.
Other practices include Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Employment, Environmental, Food and Drug, Government and Regulatory, Intellectual Property, and Tax.
Significant matters include:
Represented Genesis HealthCare in its merger with Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. to create a $5.5 billion long term care company. Genesis now consists of more than 500 facilities in 34 states with approximately 95,000 employees. The AGG team led by Hedy Rubinger handled all regulatory aspects of the merger.
Helped Colonial Pipeline buy Shell’s interest in the Port Arthur Products Station and Shell Ex Facility in Port Arthur, Texas, which is known as the PAPS tank farm. The deal was valued at $88.75 million. Based in Alpharetta, Colonial is a 5,500-mile pipeline system that transports gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, home heating oil and fuels for the U.S. military.
Advised Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III, Inc. and NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc. in their $1.125 billion joint-venture acquisition of approximately 96 percent of Trilogy Investors LLC, the parent company of Trilogy Health Services LLC. Trilogy is a leading owner-operator of integrated senior healthcare campuses, operating a total of 97 properties comprised of more than 10,000 beds throughout Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky.
Represented the Development Authority of Fulton County in its issuance of $110 million in taxable bonds with incentives for the relocation of Mercedes-Benz USA's corporate headquarters to Sandy Springs, Georgia.
Represented SunTrust Bank in connection with supplying $20 million of senior secured debt financing to private equity firm Grand Crossing Capital to facilitate its leveraged buyout of R. J. Dougherty Associates LLC, the Florida-based manufacturer of the “Everglades” brand of luxury offshore fishing boats. Completing the deal required intensive intercreditor negotiations related to the target company’s existing showroom and inventory financing arrangements with GE Capital. Ron Weiner led the AGG team.
Advising various clients on creating data protection plans, responding to data breaches and on compliance with applicable country laws when transferring data between internationally.
Former Managing Partner Glenn Hendrix and partner Jason Bring helped draft legislation that eliminates negligence per se causes of action based on alleged violations of state and federal long-term care regulations. The law imposes certain restrictions and requirements for the use of survey reports in advertisements, requiring anyone who uses survey reports in advertisements (including plaintiffs' attorneys) to include disclosures, such as whether the alleged problem has been corrected.
Representative clients include American Express, Colonial Pipeline, Costco Wholesale, Emory University/Healthcare, Equifax, First Advantage Background Services, Formation Capital LLC, Griffin-American Healthcare REIT, Gwinnett Health System, iMedX, Indigo Energy Partners, Jamestown Properties, Kindred Healthcare, Lubert-Adler Partners, NIIT Technologies, OliverMcMillan, PNC Bank, Porsche Cars North America, Preferred Apartment Communities, PruittHealth, QIC Investments No. 1 Pty Ltd, Rollins, RedHill Biopharma, Ltd., SavaSeniorCare, SunTrust Bank, Synovus Bank, Sysco, The Integral Group, Walton Communities, WorldPay
Focus areas: Affordable Housing, Background Screening, Entertainment, Financial Services, Healthcare, Healthcare Information Technology, Litigation, Logistics and Transportation, Oil and Gas, Payment Systems, Pharmaceuticals, Real Estate, Retail
The firm places special emphasis on building long-term client relationships. With AGG as a partner, companies and individuals around the globe are empowered to turn legal challenges into business opportunities.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Georgia in Health Care Law with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Georgia in Real Estate Law with 14 lawyers
- Top Listed in Georgia in Trusts and Estates with 5 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Atlanta in Health Care Law with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Atlanta in Real Estate Law with 14 lawyers
- Top Listed in Atlanta in Trusts and Estates with 5 lawyers
- Atlanta Business Chronicle Best in Real Estate Awards
- National Law Journal's 2013 Midsize Hot List
- Web Marketing Association Internet Advertising Competition Best Legal Website
- American Legal Media Go-To All Star Law Firm of the Top 500 Companies
- The Daily Report's Litigation Department of the Year, Insurance
- William H. Kitchens, 2014 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Biotechnology and FDA Law
- Bertram L. Levy, 2014 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Trust and Estates Law
- Karen B. Bragman, 2018 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law
- Cleburne E. III "Greg" Gregory, 2011 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Tax Law
- Glenn P. Hendrix, 2015 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Healthcare Law
- Steven A. Pepper, 2012 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law
- Suzanne Tucker Plybon, 2018 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Trust and Estates Law
- Robert L. Rothman, 2013, 2016 and 2018 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-First Amendment Law
- Scott A. Fisher, 2018 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law
- Jay I. Solomon, 2016 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year, Immigration Law
- Jennifer Downs Burgar, Glenn P. Hendrix, Montserrat C. Miller, Alan G. Minsk, Teri A. Simmons, Jay I. Solomon Recognized by Who's Who Legal
- J. Tucker Barr, Anuj Desai Recognized by WTR 1000 (World Trademark Review)
- Best Lawyers Recognizes 39 AGG Attorneys, Including Four Lawyers of the Year for 2018
- Chambers USA 2017 Guide Ranks 16 Arnall Golden Gregory Attorneys, Six Practices
- American Express
- Costco Wholesale Corp.
- SunTrust Bank
- Kindred Healthcare
- Colonial Pipeline
- Emory Healthcare, Inc.
- Rollins, Inc.
- Griffin-American Healthcare REIT
- WorldPay US, Inc.
- Development Authority of Fulton County
- SavaSeniorcare Administrative Services
- IN Compass Health
- Kroger Co.
- NIIT (USA)
- Formation Capital
- Lubert Adler Partners LP
- National Church Residences
- Shane's Ribshack
- Synovus Bank
- Walton Communities
- QIC Private Capital
- Americold Logistics, LLC
- Westfield LLC
About Our Clients
Zurich Services Corp.
Emory University/Emory Healthcare
Porsche Cars North America
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Costco Wholesale Corp.
The Development Authority of Fulton County
Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III
The Integral Group
Nebraska Book Co.
Georgia Health Care Association
Formation Capital LLC
Colonial Pipeline Co.
Gwinnett Health System Inc.
Gregory Greenfield and Associates
JAS Forwarding Worldwide
Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Financial Restructuring
Closely-Held and Family Business
Corporate and Securities
Food and Drug
Government and Regulatory
Government Investigations and White Collar Crime
Immigration and Global Migration
Logistics and Transportation
Privacy and Consumer Regulatory
Firm Practice Areas
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Antitrust Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Economic Development Law
- Elder Law
- Electronic Discovery and Information Management Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Environmental Law
- FDA Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- First Amendment Law
- Franchise Law
- Government Contracts
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Immigration Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration - Commercial
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Labor Law - Management
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Health Care
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
- Project Finance Law
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Trademark Law
- Transportation Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Venture Capital Law
- Water Law