Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. or AZA, is home to true courtroom lawyers who provide clients with a formidable track record in complex commercial litigation including energy, trade secret, intellectual property, construction, and business dispute cases.
AZA earned a coveted rating for its work in Texas commercial litigation in the 2014 -2019 editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, published by Chambers and Partners which is recognized worldwide for its prestigious guides to the legal profession. AZA was named First-Tier in Commercial Litigation in Houston by U.S. News & World Report and The Best Lawyers in America in their rankings of the nation’s Best Law Firms. Likewise, AZA was named a Recognized Firm, 2019, by Benchmark Litigation—the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys.
In 2015, AZA was recognized as one of only 10 boutique firms nationally by Law360 for successfully challenging the nation’s biggest law firms. The list of Top 10 Boutiques includes firms that are on par with the biggest firms but less expensive and more accessible to clients. Likewise, AZA was named among the “Most Feared Law Firms” by corporate counsel at major U.S. companies, as surveyed by the leading legal research group BTI Consulting. The 40 firms across the country on the 2015 list were chosen on the basis of extensive interviews with 300 general counsel and in-house litigation counsel at top-spending companies and organizations. In addition, AZA was chosen the 2015 and 2019 Litigation Department of the Year by the publishers of Texas Lawyer newspaper. The annual honor recognizes the Texas-based litigation firms that have excelled during the previous year based on courtroom results. Just three general firms are chosen statewide for having the top litigation departments. AZA, a powerhouse with fewer than 40 lawyers, claimed the top spot in the small-firm category.
Dedication to clients, coupled with the ability to prevail in the courtroom before judges and juries alike, is why so many general counsel across the U.S. know AZA. It’s also why corporate counsel have named AZA one of the law firms with the best client service of those serving the Fortune 1000. In fact, AZA has been hired on many occasions by the same companies the firm has prevailed against at trial.
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Houston in Commercial Litigation with 10 lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation - Firm and three lawyers rated
- AZA listed by Law360 among 10 boutiques “Giving BigLaw a Run for its Money”
- BTI Client Service A-Team 2012 to firm AZA
- 3 of Texas Top 2011 Verdicts on Both Sides of the Bar - Texas Lawyer
- Who's Who in Energy named 3 AZA Lawyers - Listed by 7 city business journals
- Texas Super Lawyers - up to 7 to 13 lawyer on Rising Stars list for Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers - 3 AZA Lawyers Top 100 Texas, 4 AZA Lawyers Top 100 Houston
- U.S. News/Best Law Firms- AZA Tier 1 in Commercial Litigation
- U.S. News/Best Lawyers in America - 9 AZA Best Lawyers
- BTI Client Service All-Star Team 2013 - John Zavitsanos
- BTI Consulting Group names AZA "Awesome Opponents"
- Texas Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year by firm clients and the publishers of Global Law Experts
- Texas Super Lawyers - 9 AZA Lawyers named Texas Super Lawyers
- AZA Earns Selection to Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame - Texas Lawyer
- Three AZA Attorneys Named to Who's Who in Energy List - Houston Business Journal
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - AZA among Best in Commercial Litigation
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - 3 AZA lawyers rated
- Houston Law Firm AZA Named Among Largest Energy Practices by Houston Business Journal
- Air Liquide America
- American Automobile Association
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation
- Enbridge Inc.
- Genuine Parts Company
- Mercedes-Benz USA
- National Oilwell Varco
- Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- PSC , LLC
- Versata Software
About Our Clients
American Automobile Association
CITGO Petroleum Corporation
Columbia Gulf Transmission Company
Contango Oil & Gas Company
Genuine Parts Company
Key Energy Services, Inc.
Lyondell Chemical Company
Mistras Group, Inc.
National Oilwell Varco
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Oil and Gas Law
- Trade Secrets Law