Tammie has represented clients in both union and union-free environments, providing legal counseling and support to meet the client's objectives. Her experience includes providing legal representation throughout collective bargaining, arbitrations, NLRB trials, and union campaigns. Tammie also frequently represents clients in employment litigation, having successfully defended a broad array of claims including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistle-blower, and wage and hour, and she has tried cases to both federal and state court juries.
Tammie's practice crosses a number of industries, although she focuses on healthcare, retail, education, and professional employer organizations. She also enjoys lecturing and training, and has presented a wide variety of topics to clients as well as industry organizations.
Tammie is Florida Bar Certified in Labor and Employment Law. She is a member of the firm's Healthcare Practice Group, and she serves on the Labor Lawyers Advisory Committee for the Council for a Union-Free Environment. Tammie is actively involved in the Tampa Bay area, and is a graduate of Leadership Tampa Bay.
- Provided legal representation to a hospital system in an organizing drive that ended with the union's withdrawal of the petition.
- Acted as lead negotiator for collective bargaining agreements for 19 Florida hospitals.
- Provided legal counseling to a large airline in post-merger union organizing drive.
- Managed large team of attorneys providing legal representation to multiple hospitals in concurrent union campaigns in neutral environment.
- Acted as lead trial counsel for a large hospital system sued for discrimination and retaliation claims under the Florida Civil Rights Act.
Court Admissions — U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida