Lawrence (Larry) J. Buckfire is the managing partner and lead trial attorney at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. The Michigan personal injury law firm has six attorneys who specialize in serious injury, accident, and medical malpractice cases. The firm represents clients throughout the State of Michigan, and has offices in both Southfield and Ann Arbor.
Lawrence earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Michigan in 1986 and his juris doctor degree from Wayne State University School of Law in 1989. He has been in private practice since successfully completing the bar exam in 1989. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan, State of Ohio, and in the United States District Court. He is the managing law partner and lead trial attorney at the firm.
Mr. Buckfire specializes in wrongful death, lead poisoning, automobile negligence, medical malpractice, and products liability cases. He is a highly skilled trial attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He is a member of the Michigan Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice . He also serves as a mediator with the Wayne County Mediation Tribunal.
Lawrence co-counsels dangerous drug and defective medical device cases with several national law firms. He also works with several firms on national overtime pay lawsuits.
Areas of Concentration
Nursing Home Neglect
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Defective Medical Devices
Clayton v Wendy's International — Jury verdict for $ 1,325,000 for a slip and fall in a fast food restaurant. The Plaintiff sustained a traumatic brain injury due to the fall.
Sharp v Apartment Complex — $ 1, 400,000 settlement for a child who suffered lead poisoning in a rented apartment. He suffered cognitive and behavioral deficits as a result of the toxic exposure.
Henderson v Watermark Retirement Communities
— $ 5,080,000.00 jury verdict in the Oakland County Circuit Court in a wrongful death lawsuit
against a Michigan assisted living facility. The decedent ingested a caustic dishwashing detergent from an unsecured kitchen cabinet. She was hospitalized and died thirteen days later.