Kim Wigmore's practice involves a broad range of insurance litigation with a focus on casualty, professional liability, and transportation-related insurance issues. He appears frequently in the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Federal Court of Canada, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Kim also has extensive experience in mediations.
Kim's particular areas of experience include:
- acting for defendants in all types of transportation-related accidents. including bodily injury and wrongful death
- acting for defendants in marine and inland marine cargo defence and subrogation
- acting for defendants in professional negligence claims involving architects, engineers and other design professionals
- acting for defendants in property damage and casualty claims, with particular emphasis on fire losses, product liability, occupiers liability and construction deficiency claims
- advising insurers on coverage obligations under all types of policies including Hull and Machinery, Protection and Indemnity, Cargo, Professional Indemnity, CGL and Comprehensive Homeowners
Kim is a Managing Director of Whitelaw Twining, is the head of the Whitelaw Twining's Transportation Group, is past chair of the British Columbia Maritime Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, a Director of the Canadian Transport Lawyers Association, and a former executive member of the Marine Insurance Association of British Columbia.