Elizabeth Washko is the Managing Shareholder of the Nashville office. Ms. Washko represents management in a wide variety of employment litigation matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, FMLA, FLSA, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and covenant not to compete cases. Ms. Washko has served as lead counsel in jury trials in both state and federal courts. In addition to her litigation experience, Ms. Washko also conducts training on employment issues, drafts and reviews employment policies and agreements, and conducts harassment and other types of investigations for employers. Ms. Washko is a frequent speaker and writer on topics relating to all types of employment issues and works with clients on preventive strategies to avoid discrimination, retaliation and other employment claims. Ms. Washko has been practicing law since graduating from Rutgers School of Law in 1993. She joined Ogletree Deakins in 2000 and was elected to shareholder status in 2003.
Ms. Washko is a member of the Labor Standards Legislation Subcommittee of the ABA’s Labor and Employment Section. She is a regular contributing editor to the ABA’s FLSA Treatise and annual supplements and the FMLA annual supplements.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit