EXPERIENCE & AREAS OF PRACTICE
Edmund has over 19 years of experience in dispute resolution and arbitration.
He is actively engaged in trial and appellate advocacy at all levels of the Singapore Courts and also regularly represents clients in domestic and international arbitrations, predominantly under the SIAC, ICC and UNCITRAL Rules. Edmund also sits as an Arbitrator.
His main areas of practice are:
- Commercial Litigation & Arbitration
- Worldwide Mareva Injunctions / Freezing Injunctions (instructed on 7 injunctions over 2010-2015, with a combined value of approx. USD 1 billion)
- Medical Malpractice / Negligence
- Complex / Cross-Border Matrimonial Litigation
- Corporate Insolvency
Edmund has been instructed by other solicitors to act as Counsel. He has appeared opposite various Senior Counsel since 2006, and successfully against Queen’s Counsel, in a Registrar’s Appeal in the Singapore High Court in July 2012.
PROFESSIONAL ACCOLADES & RANKINGS
Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
“Edmund Kronenburg of Braddell Brothers LLP has an established track record acting as counsel on corporate and commercial litigations. One impressed client reported: "I found his arguments to be sound, he achieved the results I wanted him to achieve. He doesn't delegate and walk away. He follows up with everything and gives you a good tight response time."
Chambers Global 2016
“Edmund Kronenburg heads the disputes practice at Braddell Brothers LLP. He recently represented [a client] in a cross-border matter involving a freezing injunction aimed at assets of more than USD290 million. Sources hail him as a "very confident individual" with a "humble and polite attitude," and as a "very pleasant bloke to work with."
Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2016
“Edmund Kronenburg’s team at Braddell Brothers LLP provides ‘great, practical, no-nonsense advice’ in international arbitrations …”.
Chambers Global 2015
“Practice head Edmund Kronenburg of Braddell Brothers LLP "is a deeply experienced litigator who is well versed in commercial disputes and provides sound advice to his clients." He is also praised for his "ability to anticipate the reactions of the opposing party, thus helping clients to counter such reactions appropriately.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
“Edmund Kronenburg of Braddell Brothers LLP impresses clients with his strategic approach. One source comments: "He has the ability to think beyond the conventional and has brilliant ideas in terms of legal strategy."
Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2015
“The ‘strong and experienced litigation team’ at Braddell Brothers LLP recently promoted three senior associates to partner, creating a six-partner practice. Areas of expertise include insolvency, tort, family and medical negligence; emergency relief and pre-emptive actions are particular strengths. Edmund Kronenburg, Kevin Ho and Goh Seow Hui are recommended.
… The ‘dedicated lawyers’ at Braddell Brothers LLP are praised for their ‘attention to detail’ and ‘management of highly complex cases’. Edmund Kronenburg has a ‘flair for arbitration’; he handles a broad range of corporate and commercial disputes, and has notable experience in the enforcement of arbitral awards.“
Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
“Edmund Kronenburg of Braddell Brothers LLP acts chiefly on disputes arising in the corporate and commercial, insolvency and restructuring, and medical spheres. He is valued by clients, not only "because we need his knowledge and experience in the law, but more than that, because he is streetwise." He recently acted for First Media with regard to its resistance to a SGD352 million arbitration award made to its Malaysian rival, Astro.”
Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2014
“Braddell Brothers LLP is a ‘small but long-established firm’ which ‘punches above its weight’ in arbitration matters. It is currently appearing before the Singapore Court of Appeal in an attempt to overturn a $250m SIAC arbitration award. Edmund Kronenburg is ‘a good advocate’.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2013
"Edmund Kronenburg of Braddell Brothers LLP is a top-notch lawyer who comes up with comprehensive and pragmatic advice,” sources say. Besides commercial disputes he also has expertise in medical-related matters.”
Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2013
“Braddell Brothers LLP is a 'unique boutique' which 'punches well above its weight'. It acted ... in a high-profile case to resist a $250m award ... Edmund Kronenburg is 'best in class', and a 'trusted confidant'."
Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2012
"At 'innovative, responsive' litigation boutique Braddell Brothers LLP, the 'aggressive, articulate' Edmund Kronenburg and Tan Kok Peng handle high-end matrimonial, medical negligence, shareholder disputes and insolvency matters ..."
"Braddell Brothers LLP's 'good strategist and communicator' Edmund Kronenburg is advising … in enforcing its US$35m ICC arbitration award … in Singapore and Jakarta."
Edmund is also recognised by :
Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) – Dispute Resolution, Singapore
ARBITRATION CREDENTIALS, PANELS & FELLOWSHIPS / MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow & Approved Faculty Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Fellow, Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ)
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb)
- Fellow, Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia / Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI)
- List of Arbitrators, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Roster of Arbitrators, The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei, Taiwan (CAA)
- List of Practitioners in International Arbitration, Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC)
- Panel of International Arbitrators, Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (IIAM)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
- Member, International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Asia Pacific Users’ Council
- Member, Asia-Pacific Forum for International Arbitration (AFIA)
- Member, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)