Dave Taylor has 25 years
of experience as a trial lawyer and litigator. Companies and management
regularly retain Dave to lead their defense in high-stakes litigation and
investigations, including False Claims Act litigation, Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) enforcement matters, securities and corporate governance
litigation, corporate white collar criminal matters, commercial disputes, and
civil fraud and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO)
actions. Dave's recent successes include the defense of a FORTUNE 100 company
in a $720 million False Claim Act case, the defense of a senior corporate
officer in securities-related investigations and litigation arising from the
collapse of the country's largest mortgage lender, the defense a FORTUNE 100
biotechnology company in a federal grand jury investigation under the False
Claims Act, and the defense of a FORTUNE 200 company in an SEC enforcement
investigation for alleged accounting improprieties.
A former assistant
U.S. attorney and former Co-Chair of the firm's White Collar &
Investigations practice, Dave also leads internal corporate investigations and
advises clients concerning corporate governance, directors and officers
liability, employee misconduct and fraud, and the design and implementation of
corporate compliance programs.
Dave has been recognized as a "Best Lawyer
in America" and as a "Washington Super Lawyer". In 2006, he was recognized as
"Washington's Civil Libertarian of the Year" for groundbreaking litigation to
secure the Constitutional rights of indigent criminal defendants. A winner of
the "Burton Award for Legal Writing", Dave regularly writes
on matters relevant to high stakes litigation, enforcement and investigations.
- Other Court Admissions —
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Washington, "Civil Libertarian of the Year", 2006
- Co-Author of article awarded "2009 Burton Award for Legal Writing"
- Listed in Washington CEO, "League of Justice," 2006
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington's Super Lawyers," 2005 - Present
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America’s Leading Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations Lawyers," 2014
- U.S. Department of Justice, "Special Achievement Award for Prosecution of White Collar Crime"
Write a client comment