Cynthia Bremer is the managing shareholder of the Minneapolis office. Cynthia has extensive experience in employment law and complex litigation matters. Her practice focuses on representing corporations and corporate management in all types of employment law matters. While Cynthia’s primary focus has been employment litigation defense in federal and state courts throughout the Midwest, including class and collective actions, Cynthia also advises companies on critical employment law issues involving past and present employees. Further, Cynthia has litigated numerous restrictive covenants suits, including seeking and defending preliminary injunctions and merit proceedings. In addition to extensive litigation and advising experience in employment law, Cynthia’s experience also includes securities arbitrations, commercial and civil litigation, and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to entering private practice in Minneapolis in 1999, Cynthia was in private practice in North Dakota. While in North Dakota, Cynthia was also a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of North Dakota and represented the State in dozens of administrative hearings and appeals.
Cynthia started her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri, assigned to the Complex Litigation group. Her cases as an Assistant Attorney General included jury and bench trials, petitions for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court on constitutional law issues, and key involvement in one of the largest civil RICO cases ever brought in Missouri. Cynthia was also appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the prosecution of election law violations.
In addition to being very involved within the legal and business communities, Cynthia is a frequent seminar presenter, addressing a variety of human resource and employment law issues.
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Tried numerous bench and jury trials, including an ERISA matter in Minnesota Federal Court
- Obtained complete defense verdict in religious discrimination jury trial in Missouri Federal Court
- Obtained numerous dismissals and favorable summary judgment rulings in employment law cases around the country, including cases involving claims under the FMLA, ADA, retaliation, sex discrimination and harassment, race discrimination, and numerous other types of claims
- Decertified an ADEA representative action
- Obtained favorable results in numerous arbitrations, including involving commercial and contract claims
- Successfully represented a client in reversing bankruptcy court and lifting stay to proceed with arbitration
- Obtained summary judgment in a patent infringement suit
- Represented clients in campaign finance and other constitutional cases