Find Lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina for Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Practice Area Overview
Professional malpractice lawyers can assist with serious and complex professional liability issues any professional may face, including:
- Defense of professional malpractice claims and lawsuits.
- Confidential counsel for lawyers and medical professionals on ethics matters.
- Representation before professional state licensing boards for complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
- Risk management advice for the professional’s practice in an effort to avoid complaints, claims, and litigation.
- Expert witness testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes, and malpractice actions.
- Analysis, advice and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims.
- Advice and assistance in resolving insurance company disputes and audits of professional services.
Corporate Law & Commercial Litigation Legal Guide 2023View Legal Guide
Ben Alexander, an experienced trial lawyer and shareholder in Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Greenville office, focuses on defending healthcare professionals. Ben represents large health systems, free-standing hospitals, national insurers of healthcare providers, physician group practices and individual nurses and physicians in professional negligence and licensing matters.
Sam Outten represents clients facing professional, commercial, and product liability claims. His clients include law firms, medical facilities, and other professional service providers, as well as manufacturers and financial institutions. Mr. Outten regularly represents clients in state and federal courts throughout South Carolina, as well as in other states. He has tried more than 70 cases to a jury verdict on behalf of regional and national clients.
Sally Purnell, represents hospitals, physicians and other healthcare providers in a wide range of legal matters. With over 25 years of experience defending and litigating medical malpractice claims, Sally has tried to verdict cases involving the most severe of damages, including birth injuries, profound neurological impairment and death.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.