Find Lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for Litigation - Insurance
Steve Engelmyer is chair of the Firm’s Litigation Department. He has over 30 years of experience in all facets of commercial litigation with particular emphasis on insurance coverage, contract disputes, telecommunications, employment disputes, and environmental issues. He represents clients in a broad range of commercial disputes and acts as chief litigation counsel to numerous private and publicly-held companies. Steve has extensive experience in litigating cases in both state and fede...
Litigation - Insurance Definition
- Advertising Injury and Personal Injury
- Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability
- Commercial General Liability (bodily injury and property damage)
- Construction Defect and Design Claims
- Director & Officer Liability
- Errors & Omissions Liability
- Environmental Claims (asbestos, lead, mold, and other toxic tort claims)
- First-Party Claims (property damage, property loss, and business interruption claims)
- Guaranty Fund Issues
- Life, Health & Disability Claims
- Insurer Liquidation
- Intellectual Property & Cyber-Security
- Personal Lines (homeowners and personal automobile)
- Professional Liability
When coverage disputes arise, the parties will often resolve the dispute by pursuit of formal coverage litigation instituted by either the insurer or the insured in a court of law, most typically by the filing of a specialized claim called a Declaratory Judgment action. Such a proceeding seeks to have the court determine the disputed policy coverages and the rights of the parties arising under the policy. Coverage disputes also can be resolved through arbitration proceedings, mediation, or some other procedure agreed upon by the parties to the coverage dispute.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Enhancing Consumer Safety Through Winning Jury Trials and Substantial Settlements
by Justin Smulison