Find Lawyers in Portland, Oregon for Health Care Law
Aaron Besen has extensive experience representing long-term care providers (skilled nursing, assisted living, independent living facilities), landlords, and management companies to these providers and related businesses. For eight years he served as Vice President and General Counsel of Evergreen Healthcare Management, L.L.C. (now a subsidiary of EmpRes Healthcare Group, Inc.) and its affiliated companies which managed or operated over 60 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in eigh...
Ingrid Brydolf helps hospitals, physician groups and other providers, as well as insurers and coordinated care organizations in matters relating to regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, business ventures, peer review and quality, and corporate governance. Ingrid has structured and negotiated physician integration deals, joint ventures, and employment and professional service relationships, and has assisted providers with new clinical lines of business. She also guides hospitals, networks an...
Troy Bundy defends professionals, including dentists, hospitals, doctors, nurses and other health professionals. From complex obstetric and neonatal matters to more routine primary care issues, Troy has litigated and tried a wide variety of professional liability cases involving nearly every conceivable medical specialty over the course of his career, including the landmark birth injury case, Klutschkowski v. OMG. Dental cases have included lingual nerve injuries, TMJ claims, and endodontic c...
Kelly is a healthcare regulatory lawyer who specializes in helping clients solve problems with federal and state regulatory agencies. She has deep experience in the Medicaid program having spent over two decades representing Medicaid Managed Care Organizations, providers and state Medicaid agencies on a wide array of regulatory issues. Kelly also regularly counsels clients on a variety of other healthcare regulatory requirements including Medicare audits and billing requirements, physician se...
Connie McKelvey is a native Oregonian whose practice areas include medical malpractice, dental malpractice, representation before health professional licensing boards, professional liability, health law, and HIPAA policy and security. Connie has been regularly endorsed as one of the top lawyers nationwide by the most respected peer review organizations in the nation including Martindale-Hubbell , the Best Lawyers in America , Who’s Who in American Law and Superlawyers . Connie has exten...
Jeff is a trial attorney with a proven record of success in all phases of civil litigation. He has tried cases in both Oregon and Washington, and has obtained numerous favorable verdicts and decisions for his clients as first-chair and second-chair trial counsel. Coming from a family full of physicians, Jeff has devoted a substantial part of his practice to the areas of medical malpractice and healthcare licensing defense. Additionally, Jeff represents clients in other types of complex legal ...
Tim Hatfield is a dedicated health care attorney who helps his clients deliver innovative health care products and services in a complex and ever-changing regulatory environment. He has particular expertise in health fraud and abuse, insurance regulation, and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement. Tim represents clients in disputes with state and federal administrative agencies and advises health care entities regarding internal investigations and self-disclosures. Tim’s knowledge of the heal...
Health Care Law Definition
- Transactions such as mergers and acquisitions of hospitals and health care companies; forming and implementing accountable care organizations; designing and negotiating physician-hospital alignment arrangements; and joint ventures and partnerships among health care providers and with health plans.
- Financing and restructurings, including capital access, venture capital/private equity investments and partnerships, and bankruptcies.
- Defending and managing mission-critical audits and investigations of potential False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, Stark Law or other fraud and abuse violations; advising on self-disclosures; and negotiation of settlements and corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) with government agencies.
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, including general counseling, appeals, and updates on new developments.
- Advising on complex compliance issues and on compliance plans and procedures.
- Managed care contracting, litigation, and design of new reimbursement and risk-sharing models.
- Health information technology, such as contracting for electronic health records, cloud computing, software licensing, hardware acquisitions, and IT services and outsourcing.
- Privacy and security compliance, including counseling clients on HIPAA and HITECH Red Flag rules; designing compliance policies and procedures; internal compliance audits; responding to OCR investigations; monetizing health data; and managing and reporting data breaches.
- Corporate, regulatory, and strategic counseling issues, such as corporate structure, new business models, governance, licensure, certification and accreditation, and medical staff structures.
- Health care business negotiations and dispute resolution.
The client base in the health law practice is diverse and wide-ranging:
- Institutional health care providers, such as academic and community hospitals and health systems.
- Senior living and post-acute care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, community care retirement facilities, and home care and hospice facilities.
- Large physician groups, ambulatory surgery center and hospital developers, and ancillary service providers.
- Venture capital and private equity groups with health care funds and portfolio companies.
- Physician practice and health service management companies.
- Health care facility developers.
- Health insurers, reinsurers, and employer-sponsored health plans.
- Health information technology companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
- Medical transportation companies.
- National provider and trade associations.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Georgia Laws Taking Effect in 2022
On Neutral Ground
Largest Pain and Suffering Award Affirmed in New York History
New England States With Incoming Legislation
Activism In Action