Find Lawyers in Columbus, Ohio for Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television Definition
To take advantage of these opportunities, attorneys in this practice area help to structure, negotiate and execute a range of agreements for a wide variety of industry participants, including motion picture studios, cable and broadcast TV networks, device makers, financial institutions, and private investors that finance content development, and bond companies that insure content completion.
These transactions can include:
- First-look agreements, rights acquisitions, and commission of productions.
- Sponsorship and product-placement agreements.
- Talent and other production-related agreements.
- Financing transactions using entertainment- and media-related assets and revenue streams as collateral.
- Syndication agreements, content-licensing agreements, and output and slate agreements.
- Intellectual property protection is critical to the content business, and attorneys in the field regularly advise on trademark and copyright issues, registration, dispute resolution, and matters related to joint authorship, termination of licenses, and work-for-hire.
The television industry is subject to especially intense scrutiny by public watchdogs and regulators. FCC access, programming, and digital conversion regulations are all matters on which attorneys regularly provide counsel.
Attorneys in this practice area may also help investors evaluate rights and protect their investments in film- and television-related asset portfolios and, if necessary, establish an exit strategy for distressed holdings.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Enhancing Consumer Safety Through Winning Jury Trials and Substantial Settlements
by Justin Smulison