Find Lawyers in New York, New York for Equipment Finance Law
Practice Area Overview
- Tax and financial reporting planning and strategies related to equipment finance.
- Origination of true leases of equipment to operating lessees (i.e. finance leases under Article 2A of the Uniform Commercial Code).
- Origination of secured loans to borrowers collateralized by equipment (i.e. secured transactions under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code).
- Purchases and sales of individual equipment leases and loans, or portfolios of leases and loans, in the equipment finance syndications market.
- Private and public securitizations of portfolios of equipment leases and loans, structured and credit enhanced in a variety of ways.
- Structuring other methods of providing capital to equipment lessors or lenders, such as warehouse lines of credit.
- Workouts and restructurings of troubled equipment finance transactions, including those in bankruptcy.
- Collections and enforcement of rights under equipment leases and loans in default situations, including foreclosure on and recovery of equipment.
- Other post-lease term transactions such as remarketing arrangements.
- Litigation arising out of disputes under equipment lease or loan documentation, or disputes arising out of the use, possession, and ownership of equipment.
- Corporate and commercial aircraft.
- Rolling stock such as railcars and locomotives.
- Automobiles, trucks, and other over-the-road transportation equipment.
- Agricultural, construction, and mining equipment, including off-road vehicles.
- Office, retail, manufacturing, and other business equipment.
- Computer hardware and other IT equipment and software.
- Medical technology and other healthcare equipment.
- Marine vessels.
- Solar arrays, wind turbines, and other alternative energy and energy conservation equipment.
Corporate Law & Commercial Litigation Legal Guide 2023View Legal Guide
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.