Find Lawyers in Nevada, United States for Community Association Law
Practice Area Overview
Community Association Law refers to the body of law that applies to common interest developments, including condominiums, planned developments, stock co-ops, homeowner associations, and commercial property owner associations.
The practice of community association law includes, among other things:
Creating common interest developments, preparation of governing documents, review, revision, and amendment of governing documents.
- Updating documents from time to time to comply with statutory changes.
- Representing boards of directors of common interest development associations.
- Representing members of common interest development association.
- Writing opinion letters for boards of directors or members of associations, interpreting governing documents, and advising boards on enforcement of governing documents.
- Assisting boards in collecting assessments or imposing discipline on members for violation of governing documents.
- Advising associations with respect to contracts (management, landscaping, maintenance).
- Counseling associations with respect to performance of statutory duties imposed upon associations.
- Representing associations in defective design and construction lawsuits.
- Attending board meetings and general membership meetings as
counsel for the board of directors of an association.
Lawyers whose practice is largely devoted to community
association law are most likely to be members of the community association
institute (CAI), and leading practitioners of community association law may be
elected to membership in the College of Community Association Lawyers.
Ms. Higbee’s practice consists primarily of real estate matters including homeowners association matters, property management matters, transactions and litigation. She has provided advice to homeowners associations, commercial property owners associations, commercial and residential landlords, property managers, lenders in connection with SBA loan closings, real estate agents and buyers and sellers of real estate. Clients turn to Ms. Higbee for her expertise in compliance with CC&Rs...
Mr. Wright’s practice consists exclusively of corporate association law representation of Common-Interest Communities (“CIC’s”), and CIC Industry Organizations. Mr. Wright is Of Counsel to Marquis Aurbach (“MAC”). He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1993, and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in Management, from Hawaii Pacific University in 1986. He was admitted to practice by t...
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Enhancing Consumer Safety Through Winning Jury Trials and Substantial Settlements
by Justin Smulison