Find Lawyers in Boise, Idaho for Health Care Law
Ed's practice focuses on the areas of real estate, business and healthcare. Ed has extensive experience in land use and real estate development matters. He is active in community and political activities. He has served on various community Boards and Commissions, including the Boise City Board of Park Commissioners, the Ada County United Way Board, the Humphreys Diabetes Center Board, the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Counsel, the Idaho State Bar Association Real Estate...
Judd's practice focuses primarily on the areas of real estate, healthcare and business matters. He regularly advises clients concerning the organization of business entities and complex commercial transactions, including all aspects of property and asset acquisition, finance, service contracts, property development and disposition as appropriate to achieve each individual client's objectives. Judd is active in the Boise community serving as a soccer coach for local youth, as a volunteer attor...
Clients in the healthcare industry trust Mr. Stanger to provide sophisticated and nuanced counsel on everything from simple healthcare transactions to more complicated regulatory matters. Mr. Stanger guides clients through simple and complex healthcare transactions, including practitioner and payor contracts; joint ventures; practice formations, acquisitions, and mergers; conversions; and physician integration. He helps clients comply with numerous laws and regulations governing healthcare, i...
Lisa provides healthcare and life sciences clients with practical and results-oriented solutions that prioritize regulatory compliance and risk mitigation strategies. Lisa’s experience encompasses a wide array of regulatory issues affecting hospitals and health systems, healthcare providers and suppliers, health insurers, and healthcare industry investors. As a former in-house attorney for a major health system, Lisa has a deep understanding of the compliance, administrative, and litiga...
Alex Grande assists clients with disputes involving breach of contract, equity claims, employment discrimination, and a range of business torts. As a member of Boise’s commercial litigation group, and through her experience in a broad array of disputes, Alex helps clients navigate all stages of the dispute resolution process, representing clients in both state and federal litigation as well as mediation and arbitration. Alex also represents clients in various labor and employment relate...
Health Care Law Definition
- Transactions such as mergers and acquisitions of hospitals and health care companies; forming and implementing accountable care organizations; designing and negotiating physician-hospital alignment arrangements; and joint ventures and partnerships among health care providers and with health plans.
- Financing and restructurings, including capital access, venture capital/private equity investments and partnerships, and bankruptcies.
- Defending and managing mission-critical audits and investigations of potential False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, Stark Law or other fraud and abuse violations; advising on self-disclosures; and negotiation of settlements and corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) with government agencies.
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, including general counseling, appeals, and updates on new developments.
- Advising on complex compliance issues and on compliance plans and procedures.
- Managed care contracting, litigation, and design of new reimbursement and risk-sharing models.
- Health information technology, such as contracting for electronic health records, cloud computing, software licensing, hardware acquisitions, and IT services and outsourcing.
- Privacy and security compliance, including counseling clients on HIPAA and HITECH Red Flag rules; designing compliance policies and procedures; internal compliance audits; responding to OCR investigations; monetizing health data; and managing and reporting data breaches.
- Corporate, regulatory, and strategic counseling issues, such as corporate structure, new business models, governance, licensure, certification and accreditation, and medical staff structures.
- Health care business negotiations and dispute resolution.
The client base in the health law practice is diverse and wide-ranging:
- Institutional health care providers, such as academic and community hospitals and health systems.
- Senior living and post-acute care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, community care retirement facilities, and home care and hospice facilities.
- Large physician groups, ambulatory surgery center and hospital developers, and ancillary service providers.
- Venture capital and private equity groups with health care funds and portfolio companies.
- Physician practice and health service management companies.
- Health care facility developers.
- Health insurers, reinsurers, and employer-sponsored health plans.
- Health information technology companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
- Medical transportation companies.
- National provider and trade associations.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.