Find Lawyers in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida for Health Care Law
Rick Reznicsek’s practice involves a wide variety of corporate matters, from start-up companies to large corporations. He advises clients on all aspects of business transactions, including acquiring strategic partners, negotiating the successful sale of stock or assets, merging with other companies and preparing shareholder, partnership and other agreements. Rick has represented health care professionals and companies for more than 15 years. Group practices, clinics, management companie...
Elizabeth “Liz” Shaw is a founding partner of RezLegal, LLC. Liz is Board Certified as a Specialist in Health Law by the Florida Bar Association. She also is a Registered Nurse and a Health Care Risk Manager in the State of Florida. Liz represents licensed healthcare providers, clinical laboratories, compounding pharmacies, executives and marketing representatives in government investigations and enforcement actions for allegations of healthcare fraud and violations of the Federal...
Health Care Law Definition
- Transactions such as mergers and acquisitions of hospitals and health care companies; forming and implementing accountable care organizations; designing and negotiating physician-hospital alignment arrangements; and joint ventures and partnerships among health care providers and with health plans.
- Financing and restructurings, including capital access, venture capital/private equity investments and partnerships, and bankruptcies.
- Defending and managing mission-critical audits and investigations of potential False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, Stark Law or other fraud and abuse violations; advising on self-disclosures; and negotiation of settlements and corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) with government agencies.
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, including general counseling, appeals, and updates on new developments.
- Advising on complex compliance issues and on compliance plans and procedures.
- Managed care contracting, litigation, and design of new reimbursement and risk-sharing models.
- Health information technology, such as contracting for electronic health records, cloud computing, software licensing, hardware acquisitions, and IT services and outsourcing.
- Privacy and security compliance, including counseling clients on HIPAA and HITECH Red Flag rules; designing compliance policies and procedures; internal compliance audits; responding to OCR investigations; monetizing health data; and managing and reporting data breaches.
- Corporate, regulatory, and strategic counseling issues, such as corporate structure, new business models, governance, licensure, certification and accreditation, and medical staff structures.
- Health care business negotiations and dispute resolution.
The client base in the health law practice is diverse and wide-ranging:
- Institutional health care providers, such as academic and community hospitals and health systems.
- Senior living and post-acute care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, community care retirement facilities, and home care and hospice facilities.
- Large physician groups, ambulatory surgery center and hospital developers, and ancillary service providers.
- Venture capital and private equity groups with health care funds and portfolio companies.
- Physician practice and health service management companies.
- Health care facility developers.
- Health insurers, reinsurers, and employer-sponsored health plans.
- Health information technology companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
- Medical transportation companies.
- National provider and trade associations.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Enhancing Consumer Safety Through Winning Jury Trials and Substantial Settlements
by Justin Smulison