Find Lawyers in Orlando, Florida for Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Practice Area Overview
Professional malpractice lawyers can assist with serious and complex professional liability issues any professional may face, including:
- Defense of professional malpractice claims and lawsuits.
- Confidential counsel for lawyers and medical professionals on ethics matters.
- Representation before professional state licensing boards for complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
- Risk management advice for the professional’s practice in an effort to avoid complaints, claims, and litigation.
- Expert witness testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes, and malpractice actions.
- Analysis, advice and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims.
- Advice and assistance in resolving insurance company disputes and audits of professional services.
Corporate Law & Commercial Litigation Legal Guide 2023View Legal Guide
Richards H. Ford is a Managing Partner in the firm’s Orlando office. In his 35+ year career, Mr. Ford has engaged in active civil trial practice, focusing on the defense of professional and corporate institutions. He has tried over 100 civil jury trials, including professional negligence, products liability, construction litigation, medical malpractice, automobile liability, transportation liability, general civil litigation and environmental cases. Mr. Ford earned a Bachelor of Arts de...
Kyle R. Fontaine, a native of Orlando, Florida, is a partner in Wicker Smith’s Orlando office where his practice focuses on civil litigation, medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability and professional liability matters. In 2013, Mr. Fontaine graduated from the Honors Program cum laude with a triple major in Economics, Political Science, and International Studies from the University of Miami. While a freshman, Mr. Fontaine co-authored an article, Pattern in Escalations i...
Kelley C. Godfrey is an associate in Wicker Smith’s Orlando office and focuses her practice on medical malpractice issues and general civil litigation matters. She began her tenure with Wicker Smith as a law clerk. In 2012, Ms. Godfrey graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Florida. She majored in Economics and completed minors in English and Spanish. She continued her studies at the University of Florida Levin College of L...
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.