Find Lawyers in Arkansas, United States for Health Care Law
Practice Area Overview
- Transactions such as mergers and acquisitions of hospitals and health care companies; forming and implementing accountable care organizations; designing and negotiating physician-hospital alignment arrangements; and joint ventures and partnerships among health care providers and with health plans.
- Financing and restructurings, including capital access, venture capital/private equity investments and partnerships, and bankruptcies.
- Defending and managing mission-critical audits and investigations of potential False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, Stark Law or other fraud and abuse violations; advising on self-disclosures; and negotiation of settlements and corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) with government agencies.
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, including general counseling, appeals, and updates on new developments.
- Advising on complex compliance issues and on compliance plans and procedures.
- Managed care contracting, litigation, and design of new reimbursement and risk-sharing models.
- Health information technology, such as contracting for electronic health records, cloud computing, software licensing, hardware acquisitions, and IT services and outsourcing.
- Privacy and security compliance, including counseling clients on HIPAA and HITECH Red Flag rules; designing compliance policies and procedures; internal compliance audits; responding to OCR investigations; monetizing health data; and managing and reporting data breaches.
- Corporate, regulatory, and strategic counseling issues, such as corporate structure, new business models, governance, licensure, certification and accreditation, and medical staff structures.
- Health care business negotiations and dispute resolution.
The client base in the health law practice is diverse and wide-ranging:
- Institutional health care providers, such as academic and community hospitals and health systems.
- Senior living and post-acute care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, community care retirement facilities, and home care and hospice facilities.
- Large physician groups, ambulatory surgery center and hospital developers, and ancillary service providers.
- Venture capital and private equity groups with health care funds and portfolio companies.
- Physician practice and health service management companies.
- Health care facility developers.
- Health insurers, reinsurers, and employer-sponsored health plans.
- Health information technology companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
- Medical transportation companies.
- National provider and trade associations.
Donald H. Bacon is a member of Friday, Eldredge & Clark’s Management Committee and a partner in both the Litigation Practice Group and Medical Malpractice Practice Group. While he has represented a diverse set of clients in a variety of litigation, most recently, his focus has been in the area of professional liability representing lawyers, doctors, accountants and insurance agents. In addition to representing them in court, he has represented lawyers before the Office of Profession...
Megan Hargraves is a health care lawyer who provides clients with strategic counsel on health care regulatory, compliance and legislative matters along with public policy and implementation issues. She advises hospitals and other health care clients on issues related to risk management, quality assurance and regulatory and operational compliance. She advises and represents clients on matters related to the Arkansas Peer Review Fairness Act, the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act (HCQIA), Arka...
Lee Muldrow has been engaged in general litigation and workers’ compensation defense for over thirty years. His litigation practice involves a wide variety of insurance defense cases but also includes copyright, trademark and trade dress litigation. His workers’ compensation practice entails representing employers, self-insured companies and insurance carriers. Muldrow’s more recent experience includes: Lead counsel defending a national insurance company in connection with a...
Bruce B. Tidwell is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group devoting a substantial portion of his practice defending clients in civil litigation involving real estate issues, such as title and boundary disputes, as well as representing both landowners and condemning authorities in eminent domain litigation. Bruce also works with healthcare providers on a variety of regulatory and contracting issues. Based on this work, Bruce has been recognized by Best Lawyers in Health Law and Real Estat...
Amber Wilson Bagley , is a Director in the Firm of Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon & Galchus, P.C. She practices in the areas of Commercial/Corporate Law, Employment Law, Municipal Law, and Health Care Law with experience representing clients before federal and state courts in Arkansas, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and various federal and state agencies and boards. Amber also regularly assists clients with drafting contracts, policies, and procedures. In her legal career, Amber has ser...
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.