Find Lawyers in Spain for Health Care Law
Select a location from the list below to find the best legal talent for your needs.
Health Care Law - SpainAbout this Practice Area
Practice areas: Public and private M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets Pablo González advises national and international clients on corporate transactions, including high profile M&A deals, private equity, capital markets, corporate reorganisations, and corporate governance matters. He has advised on the major deals in Spain in recent years. Pablo joined Pérez-Llorca in 2006 and made partner in 2014. Law degree with diploma in Business Administration (Universidad Pontif...
Practice areas: Public Law, EU Law Juan Rodríguez Cárcamo is a Spanish State Advocate (Abogado del Estado) on leave of absence with extensive experience in EU litigation. He is an expert in regulated sectors (energy, telecommunications, media, and pharmaceuticals). He has been Partner of Pérez-Llorca since 2013. He was an agent of the Kingdom of Spain before the ECJ from 2004 until 2011. Law degree and certificate in EU Law (CEU San Pablo, Madrid, 1997)
Health Care Law Definition
The health care industry is subject to strict regulations regarding development, authorization, manufacture, distribution, importation, and other activities such as post-marketing surveillance of medicinal products, medical devices, cosmetics, and food supplements. This is the reason why health care industries need specialized guidance and advice in order to carry out their activities.
The Health Care Law practice accompanies the entire life of a medicinal product from its embryonic state until its death. Health Care Law services include, among others, guidance and advice on:
• Procedures for evaluating and granting marketing authorizations in Spain and the European Union;
• Specific characteristics of generics and hybrid medicinal products, biosimilar medicinal products, orphan medicinal products, advance therapy medicinal products, etc.
• A wide range of agreements related to the pharmaceutical industry: license and distribution agreements, co-promotion agreements, manufacturing agreements, clinical trial agreements, etc.• Pricing and reimbursement;
• Importation and exportation of medicinal products;
• Pharmacovigilance and withdrawal of medicinal products from the market;
• Review of promotional materials to health care professionals (HCPs) and/or to the general public;
• Compliance of the health care industry's activity with industry regulations and legislation on events and hospitality, service agreements, donations, and grants;
• Transparency and disclosure obligations regarding transfers of value from pharmaceutical companies to HCPs and/or health care organizations (HCOs).
Similarly, the Health Care Law practice accompanies the entire life of medical devices: classification of medical devices, CE marking procedures, commercial agreements, pricing and reimbursement, compliance, importation and exportation, market surveillance and vigilance, promotional materials, etc.
Finally, the Health Care Law practice provides advice on cosmetic products (safety, notification, advertising, and packaging and labeling requirements), as well as on food supplements (notification to the authorities, ingredients and labelling review, and nutrition and health claims checks).
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Enhancing Consumer Safety Through Winning Jury Trials and Substantial Settlements
by Justin Smulison