Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Emily focuses her practice in the area of general civil litigation, mass tort and toxic tort litigation, products liability and construction defense. Emily regularly practices in both state and federal courts and has several years of experience defending and advising manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, contractors, professional consultants and other businesses in complex civil litigation matters. Emily has been successful in defending smaller value cases as well as multi-million dollar pr...
JESSE D. HALE practices primarily in the areas of health law, real estate, and commercial litigation. As a member of Sutin’s health law team, Jesse represents a variety of healthcare providers, from small practices and dental offices to hospitals, nursing homes, and FQHCs. He advises and represents healthcare clients in regulatory and compliance matters, fraud and abuse, False Claims Act (FCA) and New Mexico Fraud Against Taxpayers Act (FATA) matters and litigation, government investiga...
Member Trevor Cutaiar’s practice focuses on admiralty and maritime litigation and insurance defense. Trevor has significant experience in handling asbestos exposure cases involving a unique combination of Louisiana tort law, federal constitutional law, multi-district litigation and state and federal workers’ compensation schemes. His practice also includes premises liability cases, contractual disputes, and municipal liability. He has represented a wide range of clients, including...
Alessandra C. Whipple advises and represents clients in matters involving California labor and employment law. Whipple is experienced in advising and defending various employment disputes involving claims of wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination and retaliation, breach of contract, unfair competition, trade secrets, and whistleblower claims.Whipple’s practice includes providing significant pragmatic day-to-day advice and counseling to companies on how to navigate California&r...
Michael Zarconi is a member of the Firm’s Litigation, Construction and Insurance practice groups. Since joining the firm in 2012 he has developed a wide range of experience as a general civil litigator including commercial and business litigation, construction disputes, insurance coverage, anti-SLAPP litigation, and labor and employment law matters. As a trial-experienced litigator, Mr. Zarconi was named a Shareholder at Sullivan Hill in 2020. Mr. Zarconi was selected by his peers for i...
Alan D. Lawn focuses his practice on bankruptcy litigation and business reorganizations and liquidations. He has experience representing debtors, DIP lenders, secured creditors, and unsecured creditors' committees in connection with major chapter 11 cases. He received a Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society in 2009 for his representation of a non-profit Harlem community development organization in connection with its chapter 11 case. He currently represents the SIPA and chapter 7 ...
Eligibility & Coverage
- Lawyers who have been in private practice for 5-9 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Candidates can only be considered for one recognition at a time (i.e. either Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch or our traditional Best Lawyers awards).
- We do not currently accept nominations for or recognize talent among in-house lawyers.
- Candidates must be nominated in one of our awarded areas of expertise.
- Visit our research timeline to learn more about the submission and announcement schedule.
Lawyers can be nominated by anyone but themselves.
All candidates for “Ones to Watch” are invited to vote on their peers.
Analysis of Feedback
Results are calculated and feedback is reviewed.
Candidates are confirmed to be in good standing with their local bar associations.
Firms and individuals are informed of the results and the awards are published.
- For lawyers earlier in their careers
- Typically have been in practice 5-9 years
- Often hold the title of Associate or Senior Associate
- All "Ones to Watch" candidates are invited to vote
- Are also voted on by "Best Lawyers" awardees within their firm
- For established lawyers exhibiting top legal talent
- Traditionally have at least 10 years' experience in private practice
- Most often have been promoted to Partner
- Are voted on exclusively by "Best Lawyers" awardees
- Are only invited to vote once they are recognized in "Best Lawyers"
Ways to Promote