Yueh-Mei Kim "Kim" Nutter
Recognized since 2011
Boca Raton, Florida
Ms. Nutter is a Florida Bar board certified specialist in Marital and Family Law, concentrating her practice in the areas of family law, civil litigation, guardianships, and probate and estate litigation. She is also recognized by the Florida Supreme Court as a certified Family Mediator, certified Appellate Mediator, and certified Guardian Ad Litem. She received her Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Law School in 1987 and her Bachelor’s Degree from Florida Atlantic University in 1981.
For more than 20 years, Ms. Nutter has served as a Guardian Ad Litem in family law for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit for Broward County and in the Family Law, Criminal and Dependency Courts for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit for Palm Beach County, advocating on behalf of abused and neglected children. She also previously served as Chair of the Attorney Ad Litem & Guardian Ad Litem Ad Hoc Committee for the Family Law Section of The Florida Bar and helped create a new program designed to train people seeking to be appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem in family law court proceedings. She now owns and operates that program, called Speaking for Kids, Inc.
Additionally, Ms. Nutter is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers™, a founding member of the Collaborative Family Lawyers of South Florida, Inc., a charter member and officer of the South Palm Beach County Collaborative Law Group, co-chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the South Palm Beach County Bar Association, and also serves on the Board of Directors for Impact 100 Palm Beach County and the Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (FLAFCC).
Based on nominations by her peers and clients, Ms. Nutter is often recognized in various publications for her work in the legal field. She has been listed among U.S. News & World Report‘s Best Lawyers in America© since 2011, has been named a “Florida Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers magazine since 2008, and maintains an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell. She also received the Chair Award of Outstanding Merit from The Florida Bar for 2009-2010, the Key Partners Award from the South Florida Business Journal in 2012, the EPIC Award from the Mental Health Association of Southeast Florida in 2014, and the Community Impact Award from Faulk Center for Counseling in 2015. She and her practice team have also helped Brinkley Morgan achieve recognition as a Tier 1 “Best Law Firm” in the area of Family Law for 2014-2019 by U.S. News & World Report.
Ms. Nutter also leads two annual, complimentary family law seminars for mental health professionals and accounting professionals in the South Florida community. Hosted by Brinkley Morgan, the seminars provide continuing education credits and cover topics that affect clients during family disputes such as divorce, paternity, dependency, and more.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 561-241-3113
- Phone Number: 561-241-3113
- Lawyer Page: https://www.brinkleymorgan.com/profile/yueh-mei-kim-nutterpartner/
- 2255 Glades Road, Suite 414-E
Boca Raton, FL 33431
- 100 Southeast Third Avenue, 23rd Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., graduated 1987
- Florida Atlantic University, BA, graduated 1984
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (FLAFCC) - Board of Directors
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- Collaborative Family Law Professionals of South Florida - Member
- Florida Supreme Court, Family Law Forms Workgroup - Member
- Impact 100 Palm Beach County - Board Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Unified Family Law Section - Member
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association - Co-Chair, Alternative Disputes Committee
- South Palm Beach County Collaborative Law Group - Charter Member and Officer
- Speaking for Kids, Inc. - Owner
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section - Chair, Attorney Ad Litem and Guardian Ad Litem Ad Hoc Committee
- The Susan Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court of the Palm Beaches - Master Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
12 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
4 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Community Impact Award, Faulk Center for Counseling, 2015
- EPIC Award, Mental Health Association of Southeast Florida, 2014
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend® Magazine, 2012-2013
- Key Partners Award, South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Chair Award of Outstanding Merit, The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, 2009-2010
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, 2011-2020
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008-2018
- Top 20 Women in Law, Daily Business Review, 2015
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.