Wolfgang Kaufmann is a senior trial lawyer, mediator and arbitrator. Since joining Daoust Vukovich LLP in 1997, Wolfgang's practice has focused on litigation and arbitration relating to commercial leasing, real estate, franchising, construction liens and bankruptcy re-organizations.
Wolfgang has extensive experience before the courts, conducting trials and arguing motions, applications and appeals. He has acted on many legal matters which have been reported in legal periodicals as having an impact on the law.
However, Wolfgang favours a results-oriented practical approach to resolving legal disputes that does not necessarily entail the expense of a trial before a judge. Experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and other alternate dispute resolution methods allow him to offer clients innovative and creative solutions to legal problems.
As an experienced mediator Wolfgang offers you the opportunity to resolve your dispute at any stage of the proceeding, from before the writ has dropped, right up to the courthouse steps. In his experience there is not one technique or method for a successful mediation. Each case is unique and the mediator must tailor his or her approach to meed the needs of the parties, the nature of the dispute and the stage of the proceedings. That is where Wolfgang's years of experience come into play. His goal is clear; facilitate the resolution of your case.
As an experienced arbitrator Wolfgang offers you depth of knowledge and experience in: commercial leasing, real estate litigation, construction liens, franchising law, and condominium disputes. Wolfgang has over 28 years of experience in arbitrating and litigating disputes in these areas. His experience allows him to get right down to the business of arbitrating your case.
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 1987
- Member of ADR Institute of Ontario since 2007
- Regular contributor to continuing legal education programs, as both a speaker and writer
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution - Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Bachelor of Laws, cum laude, University of Ottawa, 1985
- Master of Arts, Department of Political Economy, University of Toronto, 1978
- Bachelor of Arts, York University, Department of Political Science, 1975
- Called to the Bar in Ontario in 1987