Recognized since 2021
Charleston, South Carolina
Litigation - Construction
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Trey Watkins is a shareholder in the Charleston office of Wall Templeton & Haldrup, P.A. He received both his Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctorate degrees from the University of South Carolina. He is an “AV Preeminent” rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2021, has been named a Super Lawyer since 2021, and was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2013-2015.
His practice focuses primarily on Insurance defense including construction disputes, serious personal injury, and complex litigation. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Watkins worked in the surety industry as a Surety Bond Underwriter for Travelers.
He has been a lecturer and author on construction and surety industry topics for groups such as the Carolinas Associated General Contractors, Lorman Education Services, the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association, the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and the American Bar Association. He is a past president of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association’s Young Lawyers and currently serves on its board and as a prior chair of its Trial Academy, Summer Meeting, Annual Meeting and numerous boot camps and CLE programs. He has served on the South Carolina Bar’s Judicial Qualifications Committee to screen judicial candidates, and is a construction committee member for the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, and the South Carolina Bar.
- 145 King Street, Suite 300
P.O. Box 1200
Charleston, SC 29402
- The University of South Carolina, JD, graduated 2005
- The University of South Carolina, B.S. Biology, graduated 1998
- South Carolina, 2005
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association - Board of Director
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- South Carolina Bar - Member
- United States Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for District of South Carolina
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Recognized by Super Lawyers:
- 2013 - Rising Star
- 2014 - Rising Star
- 2015 - Rising Star
- 2021 - Super Lawyer in Construction Litigation
- 2012 to 2021: Peer Review Rating of "Preeminent AV."
The Best Lawyers in America
- 2021 - Recognized for work in Construction Law and in Litigation - Construction.
- Insurance Law
- Construction Defects
- Construction Disputes
- Construction Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.