Recognized since 2005
New Bern, North Carolina
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Bill's practice experience encompasses the formation, regulation, and operation of banks and bank holding companies; securities offerings and reporting; mergers and acquisitions; and corporate governance matters pertaining to publicly-held companies. He has been rated by his peers as being "preeminent" in his fields of law. Prior to joining the Firm, Bill served as vice president and general counsel/corporate secretary for one of North Carolina's multi-bank holding companies.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 252-672-5458
- Lawyer Page: https://www.wardandsmith.com/attorneys/william-lathan
- 1001 College Court
P.O. Box 867
New Bern, NC 28563-0867
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1975
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, AB, graduated 1972
- North Carolina, 1975
- * Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: - www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
- American Bar Association - Section: Business Law
- North Carolina Bankers Association - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Section: Business Law
- All state courts in North Carolina
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Banking Operations
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2019
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.