Recognized since 2007
Washington, District of Columbia
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Billy represents corporations in complex civil and white collar criminal matters in state and federal courts and in administrative hearings and arbitrations. In addition to his high-profile cases, Billy has substantial experience with internal investigations and has worked extensively with integrity and compliance monitors in a number of industries.
Prior to entering private practice, Billy served as a local and federal prosecutor in Cincinnati, Ohio, from 1976 to 1980. He then was appointed as special attorney in the Organized Crime-Strike Force in San Francisco. Following that appointment, he served as Assistant United States Attorney in Washington, D.C., before being promoted to Executive Assistant for the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia.He is a member of the American Arbitration Association and has experience representing parties in arbitration and mediation proceedings in private disputes. He also has served as outside counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ethics related to its investigation of a sitting member of Congress.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.btlaw.com/en/people/billy-martin
- 555 12th Street N.W., Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20004-1275
- Howard University, B.A.
- University of Cincinnati, J.D.
- Ohio, 1976
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Contracts
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.