Recognized since 2006
Costa Mesa, California
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
William N. Lobel specializes in chapter 11 reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings. He is certified by the state bars of California and Florida and has more than forty-five years of experience as one of the nation’s leading bankruptcy lawyers.
He represents clients in the real estate industry, including home builders, commercial real estate developers, and subprime lenders. He has also successfully applied his legal expertise in representation of gaming casinos and restaurant chains. He also has experience in the fields of hospitality, technology, healthcare, and media sectors.
Mr. Lobel is a fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and is a co-founder of the Orange County and California Bankruptcy Forums.
He has been a lecturer at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law and has served as a member of the Board of Visitors for Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law. He formerly taught real estate bankruptcy as an adjunct professor at his alma mater, the University of Miami School of Law. Mr. Lobel currently serves as a Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative, and previously served from 1990-1996. He earned his undergraduate degree and J.D. at the University of Miami.
Mr. Lobel has been listed among Southern California's "Super Lawyers" in Los Angeles Magazine every year since 2004, in Best Lawyers in America every year since 2006 (bankruptcy & creditor-debtor rights), and in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in 2008 (bankruptcy/restructuring). He received the Peter M. Elliot award for "Outstanding Scholarship, Ethics and Service to the Orange County Bankruptcy Community in 1999, and holds an AV Preeminent Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest recognition for ethical standards and legal ability.
Contact & Links
- 535 Anton Boulevard, Ninth Floor
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-7109
- University of Miami , J.D., graduated 1969
- University of Miami, B.A., graduated 1965
- California, 1980
- Florida, 1969
- American College of Bankruptcy - Fellow
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum - Founder
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Orange County (2018)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Orange County (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Super Lawyers: Recognized in 2004-2020 editions for Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Chambers USA: Named in 2008 list - America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Peter M. Elliot Award: Recognized in 1999 for Outstanding Scholarship, Ethics, and Service to the Orange County Bankruptcy Community
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.