Recognized since 2010
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Securities
Bill Holley’s clients know they can rely on him when disputes heat up. Throughout his 30+ year career, Bill has steered his clients to unparalleled success in major litigation. His creative, comprehensive approach to handling business disputes builds client confidence and engenders respect and credibility with judges and opponents.
Testament to his effectiveness and client focus, Bill's clients and cases now span a wide variety of industries and disciplines. Well known for representing financial institutions, real estate companies, and Fortune 500 companies in complex business litigation, Bill is increasingly called upon to participate in national and international matters raising "bet-the-company" exposure and cutting-edge legal theories across a broad business spectrum. His depth of trial experience in banking, finance, securities, real estate, product liability, class action defense, and appellate advocacy skills led to his 2015 induction as a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and his selection as head of the Litigation practice in 2019.
Bill's clients and adversaries describe him as "tenacious," "smart," "indefatigable," "business savvy," "rock steady," and "universally respected." Since his early days as a USAF JAG Captain, he has tried cases and/or argued appeals in 19 states. He is the trial lawyer clients call when they want to avoid trial or win when they get there.
Contact & Links
- 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3600
Atlanta, GA 30308
- Vanderbilt University , J.D., Editor-in-Chief, Vanderbilt Law Review, 1984-1985, graduated 1985
- Duke University, A.B., magna bum laude, graduated 1982
- Georgia, 1985
- American Bar Association - Member
- Atlanta Lawyers Club - Member
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation - Pro bono attorney, 1989-present
- Habitat for Humanity - Project Coordinator, 2005-2012
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - National Board of Directors, 2014-present; Board Chair of Georgia Chapter, 2011-2015
- Vanderbilt University School of Law - Class agent, 1996-present
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Atlanta (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Securities
- Commercial Litigation
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as the Atlanta 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation-Banking and Finance
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Complex Commercial Litigation (listed in editions 2009-present)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation-Banking and Finance (2010-present)
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Super Lawyers" by Super Lawyers magazine (2004-present)
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Legal Elite" for Business Litigation by Georgia Trend magazine (2006)
- Recognized as a "Preeminent Lawyer" by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM (2012-present)
- AV Martindale-Hubbell rating since 1992
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.