Recognized since 2013
Health Care Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Real Estate Law
- Mr. Heritage concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business formation and planning, corporate law, health care law and real estate law. He has over 17 years of experience in dealing with complex business and commercial transactions within a broad range of industries.
Will’s practice includes representation of small to large privately-held businesses as well as international business clients. Many of his clients are involved in the automotive industry, and other representative client industry segments include health care, information systems, consulting, food products and distribution, and general manufacturing. He assists businesses in their formation and counsels them on all general corporate matters including governance issues, contracts, growth through acquisitions and financing. He works with closely-held businesses to develop succession planning and buy-sell agreements. A significant part of Will’s business work includes negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts to meet his clients’ needs.
His experience includes many complex business transactions, and he has represented both purchasers and sellers. A representative list of his transaction experience is provided under Selected Transactions. Will’s representation of merger and acquisition clients covers the entire spectrum of the transaction from initial assessment and planning, drafting letters of intent, and conducting due diligence through negotiating the transaction, preparing the transaction agreements, closing and post-closing. He is skilled in business planning strategies and the structuring of transactions to accomplish the needs of his clients.
Will conducts a very active real estate practice representing clients with the purchasing, selling and leasing of commercial, professional, industrial and retail properties. He is also experienced in real estate financing.
Mr. Heritage is active in a number of community and civic organizations. He served on several boards, including as a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the S.E. Michigan American Red Cross. He has been active as a member of fund raising committees, including events for organizations such as Children’s Hospital.
- Automotive Business Planning
- Business Planning
- Health Care Law
- International Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Duke University, B.A.
- Michigan State University of Law (f/k/a Detroit College of Law), J.D., cum laude
- Michigan 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan 1995
- Admitted to Practice
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://gmhlaw.com/attorney/william-h-heritage-iii/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Columbia Center, Tenth Floor
101 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084-5280
- United States, American Bar Association, Member of Business Law Section and Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Michigan, Michigan Bar Association, Member of Business, Healthcare and Real Estate Law Sections
- Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association
- American Red Cross - Member Board of Directors, Blood Services S.E. Michigan
- German American Camber of Commerce - Associate Member
- Law Review, Detroit College of Law - Former Editorial Board Member
- Legal Issues Council - Original Equipment Supplies Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Health Care Law
- Real Estate Law
- "AV" Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
- U.S> News - Best Lawyers in America 2013-2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2011-2015
- Michigan Rising Stars (Super Lawyers) 2008
- dBusiness Top Lawyer 2011-2016
- Leading Lawyers 2016
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in Michigan by The New York Times
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.