Recognized since 1995
New Orleans, Louisiana
Banking and Finance Law
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
He is presently co-counsel to Federal Guaranty Insurance Company, insurer for $1.7 billion of bonds, in Chapter 9 bankruptcy case of Jefferson County, Alabama. He represents Municipal Employees Retirement System of Louisiana and Firefighters Retirement System of Louisiana in the Chapter 11 cases of Commonwealth Investment Funds (Delaware).
He also represented the Chapter 11 Trustee in liquidating the assets and distributing the proceeds to investors in Pooled Pension Fund Management Corporation, which was essentially a ponzi scheme. He has been principal reorganization counsel to the debtors in possession in the bankruptcy cases of Communications Corporation of America (27 television stations in several states); OCA, Inc. (largest manager of orthodontic practices in the United States); Legends Gaming Company (owner and operator of two casinos and hotels in Bossier City, La. and Vicksburg, Ms.); Harrah’s Jazz Company (owner of the land-based casino in New Orleans) and its publicly-traded successor, Jazz Casino Company; and Clean Harbors Plaquemine, LLC (owner and former operator of hazardous waste injection well).
Mr. Patrick represented the holders of $230 Million in secured bonds in the bankruptcy case of Entergy New Orleans, Inc., the owner of the public utility for New Orleans, La. He has also represented official creditors’ committees in the bankruptcy cases of Grand Palais Riverboat, Inc. (riverboat casino in New Orleans) and Hollywood Casino Shreveport (riverboat casino and hotel in Shreveport, La.), and several thousand Louisiana breast implant claimants in the Dow Corning bankruptcy case in Michigan. He was counsel for corporate governance issues and issues related to the Apollo/Parks Township settlement (nuclear exposure claims) in the mass tort asbestos case of The Babcock & Wilcox Company. He has also represented debtors and creditors in reorganization cases involving nursing homes, hotels, apartment complexes, real estate developments, shopping centers, industrial contractors, and a variety of other gaming companies and retailers. He speaks frequently at seminars and continuing legal education events.
- 201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 4600
New Orleans, LA 70170-4600
- Louisiana State University, juris doctor, graduated 1997
- Louisiana State University, graduated 1975
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, New Orleans (2019)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, New Orleans (2014)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, New Orleans (2013)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, New Orleans (2011)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Fellow American College of Bankruptcy
- AV Rating Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Top 50 since 2007
- Chambers USA Bank 1 Rating
- City Business Leadership in Law
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Member Louisiana Law Review
- Member Order of the Coif
- Member Phi Kappa Phi
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
"An excellent lawyer. Great experience."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.