Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Construction
William H. Spitler is a trial lawyer who has tried and litigated cases in several areas of law, including construction, labor and employment, oil and gas, class action defense, sales and leasing disputes, antitrust defense, commercial contract disputes, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Mr. Spitler’s diverse and active litigation practice has provided him the opportunity to present cases before numerous state and federal court judges and appeal panels across the county. Mr. Spitler’s practice regularly involves representing construction clients in arbitration. Mr. Spitler has also published several articles regarding Oklahoma employment law issues from the management perspective.
Mr. Spitler’s practice has a particular emphasis on construction law, particularly complex construction law disputes involving multiple layers of contractors with multiple types of claims. His practice includes litigating delay and impact claims, defective construction claims, preparing pre-lien notices and lien statements and representing contractors through the lien foreclosure process. Mr. Spitler also advises clients in contract drafting and negotiation and is a regular speaker on construction law issues.
Mr. Spitler was raised in north central Illinois and graduated from Eastern Illinois University in 1997 with a degree in history. He graduated with honors from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2000. While in law school, Mr. Spitler was a member of the Arkansas Law Review, the Board of Advocates and a member of the moot court traveling team. Mr. Spitler holds both an Oklahoma and an Arkansas license to practice law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.metcalfspitlerlaw.com/bill-spitler
- Thompson Building, Suite 750
20 East Fifth Street
Tulsa, OK 74103
- Eastern Illinois University, Bacheor of Arts, graduated 1997
- Oklahoma, 2000
- Arkansas, 2009
- Gatesway Foundation, Inc. - Past-President of the board of directors
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Construction Law, Tulsa (2022)
- Litigation - Construction, Tulsa (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Your Beliefs Matter: How to Fine-Tune Your Discipline Policies and Procedures, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 1, 15 No. 9, 2007
- Porn at Work – Go Directly to Jail, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 2, 15 No. 5, 2007
- Improving Your Workplace Investigations, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 5, 14 No. 10, 2006
- EEOC Voluntary Mediation Facts and Benefits, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 5, 13 No. 11, 2005
- Wal-Mart Allowed to Slash Salaried Pharmacists’ Hours, Pay During Slow Period, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 4, 13 No. 3, 2005
- Working From Home: Not a Reasonable Accommodation, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 1, 12 No. 7, 2004
- Third-Party Employment Contractors: Watching What You and They Say, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 7, 12 No. 5, 2004
- When Words Can Never Hurt You, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 5, 12 No. 1, 2004
- Big Brother in the Workplace: Monitoring Employee Communications, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter 2, 10 No. 3, 2002
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.