William H. "Bill" Oast III
Recognized since 2015
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
Bringing over 45 years of legal expertise to the Oast & Taylor team, Bill Oast’s practice areas include Elder Law, Estate, Trust & Fiduciary Litigation, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Estate & Trust Administration, and Estate Planning. Among other associations, he is a member of the Virginia State Bar, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
In the 1990s, Bill became one of the first attorneys in Virginia to dedicate his entire practice to the emerging field of Elder Law. He was a founding member of the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA), and for many years he served on the organization’s Board of Directors as its Treasurer.
Bill is a native of Lexington, Virginia, and a long time resident of Portsmouth, Virginia. He is a 1971 graduate of Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and a 1974 graduate of the Washington and Lee University School of Law.
- Direct Phone Number: 757-452-6200
- Phone Number: 757-452-6200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.oasttaylor.com/
- 355 Crawford Street, Suite 720
Portsmouth, VA 23704
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., graduated 1974
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., graduated 1971
- Virginia, 1974
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- Portsmouth Bar Association - Member
- Trusts and Estates Section of the Virginia State Bar - Member
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Unites States Supreme Court
4 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Norfolk (2020)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Norfolk (2018)
- Elder Law
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
- Red Cross Celebration of Heroes Award, 2019
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.