Recognized since 2011
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
Litigation - Real Estate
Mr. Horton has been trying lawsuits for over 25 years. He primarily practices in the areas of business and commercial disputes, employment law, and real estate cases. Many cases are related to the automobile industry.
Bill is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, the foremost national organization to certify trial skills.
In business litigation, Bill has tried numerous shareholder disputes, claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of non-competition agreements, and other competitive disputes.
Bill has been involved in the licensure, protection and litigation surrounding a number of software and other intellectual property developments. Prior to practicing law, he was involved in software development.
Mr. Horton became involved in a lake access dispute by accident over 15 years ago and has since handled dozens of cases involving riparian rights in many trial courts, the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court.
Bill was the Managing Editor of the Law Review while in law school, is the former Chairperson of the State Bar of Michigan Computer Law Section, has written a number of articles, and is a frequent speaker.
Mr. Horton has an “AV” Peer Review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability.Practice Areas
- Employment and Labor
- Licensure Protection
- Software Litigation
- Riparian Rights
- Oakland University, B.A.
- Michigan State University Detroit College of Law, J.D.
- Michigan 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribal Court
- Admitted to Practice
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://gmhlaw.com/attorney/william-h-horton/
- Columbia Center, Tenth Floor
101 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084-5280
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Real Estate
- "AV" Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
- U.S News - Best Lawyers 2010-2016
- Michigan Super Lawyer
- dBusiness Top Lawyer
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in Michigan by the New York Times
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.